Gained 3lbs in a week?!

Options
Hey guys! So I’ve been doing really well maintaining my weight since August. The last 10 days I haven’t been as strict and went out to eat 4 times, is it possible the scale is true and I’ve gained 3 pounds in a week?!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 10,500 calories over maintenance, it's most likely water weight from additional sodium.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You wont have gained 3lbs in a week, eating out means high sodium and that affects the scale. Its a wonder you haven't come across water weight gains by now.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    trimi1104 wrote: »
    Look, regardless if it's water or fat you have got to lose it. So stop eating out and get back on track. This is not rocket science.

There's nothing inherently wrong with eating out and plenty of people maintain their weight successfully while doing so (me for one).

OP, if you enjoy eating out learn how to do it within your calorie goals. And come to terms with weight fluctuations. Do you use a weight trending app? I find it extremely helpful in keeping weight changes in perspective.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Basic math:

~3,500 calories in a pound
    x "3 pound gain in a week"
    10,500 calories over maintenance

That would require you to eat about 1,500 calories over maintenance every day for a week.

Why can't people do some basic research or read a sticky or two?
    They are posted here for a reason.

Maybe they think using the Search button is a bad thing?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Options
    tkenmnsbp7di.jpg
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I don't know about a week, but I did that during the 10 days I threw caution to the wind and ate and drank whatever I wanted while in Maui celebrating my 60 pound weight loss. 3 pounds. 3 lousy pounds and I'm still trying to get rid of them 9 months later. The wagon ride has been a little bumpy, but I haven't fallen off.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    When you go on vacation, how do you eat?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

If you're talking to me....lots of beer, fish tacos, burgers, fries, did I say beer? Not too different than at home, except for the beer and bigger quantities. Going back for a do over in April with a firm grip on what not to do. My niece is going with and she's training for a Spartan race so hopefully I'll get a little more intense exercise following her around.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I gained and lost 5lb in 2 days last week...
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

If you're talking to me....lots of beer, fish tacos, burgers, fries, did I say beer? Not too different than at home, except for the beer and bigger quantities. Going back for a do over in April with a firm grip on what not to do. My niece is going with and she's training for a Spartan race so hopefully I'll get a little more intense exercise following her around.

Whoa, that’s how we to do it too. We like to try out the local micro breweries and some have really good food too. Everything else we do is very active. We hike and bike. And the extra weight I put on, which is inevitable, is gone in a week.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,561 Member
    Options
    Lol, I gained 20lbs in 2 days after a competition. So 3lbs in a week is not uncommon for one who overindulges.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png