Way Overweight and need Motivation and Encouragement

Options
This is try 83726182939929 at losing weight. I NEED to, I’m 33 and want to start a happy, and HEALTHY family. I love hearing of other people and their journeys, because it helps me know I’m not alone.

Replies

• alhebert1979
    alhebert1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I need motivation as well. Feel free to add me if you would like to.
  • always4my2kids
    always4my2kids Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have lost 95 pounds so far and have another 100 to go. I am a very active member and give tons of support. I'll send you a friend's request. Good for you wanting to change at 33. It took me until 44 to figure it out! Good luck on your journey!!
  • m36lizardi
    m36lizardi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I'm there too. Haven't weighed so much in my life and I can't seem to control the feeding. So down tonight, I planned my meal for tomorrow and hope to God I follow it. Have to trick myself to feel full by drinking lots of tea tomorrow and going to the gym for an hour. How did you (always4my2k) figure it out? I'm 65 and still haven't, or have but can't obey the rules.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Instead of thinking of it as a big life change, you need to do, break it down into several small habits. They add up quicy to big changes, and if you only change one or two things at a time, separately, it is much easier to not lose as muvh provress when you backslide, as you are more limely6 to vackslide on only one or two habits insteas of a whole "diet".
    I suggest logging for a while, even before making any serious changes to your diet.
    Weigh (with a scale is best) everything you eat, and write why you are eating it (i.e, lunchtime, hungry, kind of bored, out with friends, watching tv) and how you are feeling right before, right after and an hour after (hungry, comfortable, normal, full, very full bloated, drowsy).
    This gives you a baseline pattern for your normal habits and routine. From there, it's just a matter of experimenting. Are you very full after dinner? Cut back on a few things. Does lunch leave you bloated and gassy after an hour, try less or no mayo, and see if there's something you don't mind dropping each meal (fries, or cheese, or maybe only 2 tacos instead of 3).It's amazing how quickly these small and easily sustainable changes will add up to big calorie cuts. Only cut one or two things at a time, until they become habit instead if trying to do everything at once.
  • gpurvis63
    gpurvis63 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm here for you. What's pretty amazing is that all we have to do is eat less and exercise. I know that sounds incredibly simplistic, but when you get down to brass tacks, there you are. However you plan to lose weight, just make sure you're getting all your daily needs, especially as you're trying to get pregnant, which it sounds like you are. I know this sounds hokey, but do check with your doctor regarding that.

As for me, I just joined. I've been eating less and just started exercising now that I'm over the flu. Don't have a scale, but my clothes fit me exactly the same! How does that happen? I am discouraged, because I've been eating less for a month and a half, but I'm not giving up. Something's going to give, and it's not me!