Fun question: favorite elementary school lunch

Options
1235»

Replies

• CindyMarie85
    CindyMarie85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I loved the mashed potato and gravy days. YUMM!
  • always4my2kids
    always4my2kids Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cheese Zombies!!! Ooey gooey goodness!!
  • always4my2kids
    always4my2kids Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Also turkey gravy, mash potatoes and fresh baked butter rolls. I guess it's the way school cafeterias use to be in the "old days". Now it's all pre-fab most places and no thought put in it.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I went to a few schools when I was growing up, and none of them served lunch. Everyone either went home for lunch or brought their own. Is it a normal thing for schools to serve lunch to kids?

The only food I remember being served was a snack in kindergarten, and it was cheez whiz on saltine crackers, and it was awful!

Yes, the government provides meals for the younger children at school. For some of the poorer families, that's the only decent meal these children ever get. (of course kids from better off families thought the meals were inferior).

My favourite school provided lunch was Chicken Palau.

My favourite lunch from home was Spam sandwiches.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I always liked enchilada day. They came with pinto beans and a square of fresh baked corn bread. It was so good to mash it all together. The best breakfast was the fresh baked, thick sliced bread toasted with cheese on top.
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    All I remember was the peanut butter cookies. I swear they were the size of a dinner plate and oh so good with a carton of milk!