Oh Stock Market..why must you fall!?

Options
Wishing weight loss was happening as fast as the stock market is falling....EEEEEEK.!!!

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i agree!!!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I know! I just lost some money =( luckily I know my investments will rise eventually but still ----> :(
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    As someone who works in the financial industry..

...stop watching the news.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. Such a bummer. I am not going to look at my 401k or my few stocks, I am not going to look at my 401k or my few stocks, I am not going to look at my 401k or my few stocks, I am not going to look....... I have to keep telling myself. Of course I would never bail out, but I don't want the disappointment of seeing the drops in funds.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Should be an interesting day walking past the Stock Exchange on my way to the train today....
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    As someone who works in the financial industry..

...stop watching the news.

My husband is a financial advisor...I am FULLY aware that fear causes these drops....I was just trying to be silly...obviously investments are for the long-haul....
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Should be an interesting day walking past the Stock Exchange on my way to the train today....

Take a picture for me!!!!!
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I invested in Silver and Gold before the market turmoil in 2007 and it has paid off HUGE for me. Sorry for everyone out there that is losing money, terrible terrible terrible.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    We need a new president. STAT.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    lol president doesn't do squat the congress...
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options

I agree with this! AND I also wish my weight would drop like the stock market!
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options

Yes, but we still need a new president.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Yes, but we still need a new president.

Just as long as its not a repeat of the one before lol
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    LOL, not this time. The pres has done all sorts of sidestepping of congress. Not only the pres though, we need to throw all of them out. They are supposed to be CIVIL SERVANTS. They should not be paid any better than any middle class working stiff.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options

I agree with this! AND I also wish my weight would drop like the stock market!

This has been a long time coming, and isn't something that just happened due to our current office.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Take a picture for me!!!!!

I do have my camera.... I will snap a couple pics for you
  • dirtyblue
    Options
    LOL, not this time. The pres has done all sorts of sidestepping of congress. Not only the pres though, we need to throw all of them out. They are supposed to be CIVIL SERVANTS. They should not be paid any better than any middle class working stiff.

You got that right! The whole bunch of them need a lesson on what the actual working middle class are living off of! Budget cuts - let's talk about their salary, retirement and benefits first!
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options

AMEN!!!
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Ugh, agreed. Everything's going nuts.

It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy...stock market falls because of fears that the stock market will fall. :grumble:
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    New president??? :laugh: If only economics were so simple! Just hold tight, folks - this is a weird season of good news/bad news if you're following international and domestic financial trends, but could be the new normal, hard to say. Maybe we can use the same motto we use for weight loss? We didn't gain the weight overnight, and can't expect to lose it overnight - same for our national debt and continuing credit issues.