Any other females 25, 5’5 and 63kg (ish)?

Options
Hello! Wondering if there’s any females out there with similar stats to me. I’m 5’4.5 and around 63kg at the moment. My goal is to reach my ‘normal’ weight of 55kg. Being a work-from-home Mum made me pile on the pounds and now I’m finally trimming back down and hoping to keep it off.

If there is anyone similar, I’d love to know what your goal is, what your excercise regime is like and how much you tend to lose each week!

:)

Replies

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Probably all you're going to hear is that you're already at a healthy weight and shouldn't aim to lose anymore. I'm 5'5 and currently 57kg but aim to get to 53. That's *my* goal, and what I want to achieve. Good luck with yours, OP.
  • Dayniie
    Dayniie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Im 24 years old. Im 5'4 and weigh 69kgs... No muscle and just starting out again.

My goal is to be happy and just confident with my body. I get told "youre not fat youre skinny" but take my baggy jersey off my tummy sags over my pubic area, my thighs jiggle with every foot on the ground, and my arms are flappy!

I hate cardio, but trying UFC training and really loving and sticking to it. And I can do it, at home!

Feel free to add me, to all of you who post on this thread. I need active accountability support buddies because this time is THE time!
  • willsreb
    willsreb Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Interesting to see how different we all are despite being similar stats. Even at 55kg, I didn’t look skinny! I was slim but had slight muffin tops and no definition. When I get nearer to my goal I’ll be looking at body recomp!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Ha! My goal at your height is to get to your weight now (I am a lot older than you though), which is 63kg...I will be a UK size 8 - 10, maybe a bit smaller now I have some more muscle on my frame...is that not "normal" enough? The last thing we want to promote here on MFP is any kind of ED...that has been my battle most of my life. I weigh in at 173lbs at the moment (78kg).

I would say, exercise more and go for body recomposition (lifting weights is ace for anyone), rather than lose any more "weight" which could be precious muscle if you do not do it right...
  • Emmest1
    Emmest1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, 165cm (5'5") and currently weigh around 59kg. I started at 70.5kg+. (I didn't record my heaviest weight as stepping on the scales just confirmed my 'failure' so that's the heaviest recorded weight for me.) The lowest I reached was 55.7kg before I piled some of it on again with a new, sedentary job. I'm currently working my way back down. People tell me I'm totally fine and I don't need to lose weight, but I suspect that's because the UK average is a size 16 and people have forgotten what a healthy body looks like. I feel like as long as I'm eating well and I'm losing weight, then that was excess weight to begin with, if that makes sense.

At first, I was fixated on just the weight-loss aspect and probably under-nourished myself, but now that I've found an exercise I enjoy (running), I use that to measure my success. If I can keep shaving seconds off my time, I'm getting healthier. I also love seeing how many portions of fruit and vegetables I can squeeze into a day. If I have 5+ portions in a day I feel good about myself since I know it's doing good for my body.
  • igniscordis
    igniscordis Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi I am 5´3 and I am now 52kg. When I started using MFP I was 61kg. =) At some point I was weighing 64-65 kg and didn`t feel right so that`s when I started my weight loss journey. I am now at maintenance.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    willsreb wrote: »
    Thanks ladies! Interesting to see how different we all are despite being similar stats. Even at 55kg, I didn’t look skinny! I was slim but had slight muffin tops and no definition. When I get nearer to my goal I’ll be looking at body recomp!

It goes to show that weight really isn't a great indicator! I weighed about 55kgs in my profile pic - I'm not even *that* big, and the level of leanness definitely isn't healthy or sustainable.

I prefer other measures for progress - calipers, tape measure, photos.

What is your training like? Do you incorporate the resistance training?
  • willsreb
    willsreb Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don’t do any resistance training at all, which is probably why I didn’t like how I looked when I was slimmer... I was planning on incorporating resistance training once I trimmed down a bit. But should I be doing this already? I do cardio 4x a week. I tend to eat 1400 on cardio days and 1200 when I don’t exercise. Still trying to figure out what works for me!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    willsreb wrote: »
    I don’t do any resistance training at all, which is probably why I didn’t like how I looked when I was slimmer... I was planning on incorporating resistance training once I trimmed down a bit. But should I be doing this already? I do cardio 4x a week. I tend to eat 1400 on cardio days and 1200 when I don’t exercise. Still trying to figure out what works for me!

Definitely start resistance training now! It will help you maintain the muscle you do have as you lose weight - also make sure you're eating sufficient protein (0.8g per lb of body weight is the general recommendation)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Pretty much like you except 15 years older and I can't for the life of me manage to maintain 55 kilos, lol. The lightest I've ever been was 57 kgs and it was too thin for me. I do have a large frame though, but still. Heck I'd be happy at 60 kilos right now.
  • aleikita
    aleikita Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    We are the same height and weight but I’m older. If you’d like I just started a challenge in the challenge tab after you hit community, feel free to join. I just recently realized how important it is going to be for me to start strength training now instead of waiting until I shed more lbs also.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm similar.

5'4.5"
    CW: 139.8 lbs (approx 63.4 kg)
    Goal: To fit in my clothes again.

I was 120 lbs (approx 54.4 kg) in 2016 and bought a whole new wardrobe. I slipped a little in maintenance and gained 11 lbs and the a few months ago tried Trinessa. Me and Trinessa didn't get along. I was feeling super hungry all the time and gained another 12.8 lbs in the span of 3 months.

I don't have a goal weight, because while I have lost 4 lbs I have also lost 5.5" off my body (1.75" off my waist) since Jan 8th. So it's possible I won't need to be 120 again to fit into my clothes.
  • jldoodles
    jldoodles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very similar here!

5'5. Currently at 62kg, goal is to get to 55kg and gain strength.

I tracked calories& nutrition religiously back in 2013/14 - had 51kg as my lowest but I didn't feel healthy. Did a ton of cardio and ate very little carbs. A combination of unhealthy eating/drinking, corporate hours and BCP during the last few years got me feeling like a blob. Now I'd like to fluctuate around 55kg. Attempting to make some lifestyle changes this year to help myself look and feel better.

I started intermittent fasting last month and it's been going well. I workout avg 3 times a week, mix of aerobics and light weights. So far I haven't lost any weight but my energy has increased :)

Good luck and keep us updated with how things go for you!