I feel like I'm starving!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    The smallest things have so many calories and fat in them. I'm trying my best to eat 1400 calories a day, but it's getting harder. What are some things that I can eat that are filling but do not have many calories or fat?

Maybe you are not getting enough fat. Fat is not bad! Just count it.
  • arsharay
    arsharay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi looking for motivation
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Protein and fats will keep you satiated.
  • valine128
    valine128 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if you restricted your calories too quickly. Do a lifestyle change for healthier eating should not involve suffering. It took me two months of small changes to even count calories. By then I had dropped 200 calories from my diet. My getting to 1600 took a few more months. I didn't starve. But my body had to adjust to the change. Lentils are my favorite low calorie food. Lots of carbs, protein and iron. I feel full when I eat them. Eat your fat too. Not only is is satisfying, it also make sure you are don't get constipated on the lower calories.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options

This may be the case for you personally, but it is not a universal truth. For me complex carbs keep me satiated, but fats don't
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Do a couple/three small celery sticks with a TBSP of PB for a quick snack. Also, if I get up and take a brief walk that sometimes curbs my hunger for a bit too.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options

This may be the case for you personally, but it is not a universal truth. For me complex carbs keep me satiated, but fats don't

This is me too. Potatoes really keep me
    Full. Rice and beans too. Yum. Veggies and fats not as much.
  • SuzJok85
    SuzJok85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I felt that I was starving at first, and was going to give up, but I changed my settings from “Lose 1lb per week” which had me at 1480 a day to “Lose .5 lb per week,” which has me at 1740. This has been much easier to maintain. I’ve never stuck to a CICO plan as long as I have recently, and I think that’s cause I finally decided to be patient. I’m still eating significantly less than when I wasn’t tracking, but I don’t feel deprived.

Although faster results are tempting, I just couldn’t stick with the lower intake. I only have about 10lbs to lose and am keeping active. If you have a significant amount to lose, I might still dial it back a while to get used to a lower calorie intake, and after a few weeks, you might be ready to bring the deficit back down, if you want to. In my mind, I can’t see myself eating 1400 a day for any extended period of time, and I’d rather not do something that sets me up to just give up and gain the weight back.