any app/devices to sync to MFP?

Options
What kind of device/app do you use whenever you do a workout? I installed an app called Pacer and it sync to MFP. I did leslie sansone's 3 mile walk at home because I dont feel like going out today. It only acts as a gps pedometer! Does the 10000 steps daily overide whatever workout im doing no matter how high the intensity is? Any advice?

I am living a frugal life so any free apps recommended?

Replies

• ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I use Zombies Run for my w/j/r sessions. To some degree it is free (The app is free, you get certain missions that are open for free users). It doesn't directly sync, so you either have to manually log your runs or push it through a second app (I believe it was run keeper), and them have rk sync to mfp. I use a Fitbit to track my daily steps since I work an active job, but want to also be able to see my burn from workouts.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    If using an Android download Samsung Health. It will sync to MFP and doesn't rely on GPS for your steps.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    There are a lot. Fitbit, Garmin, etc. You just have to look.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Index Scale and use the Garmin Vivoactive 3 ergo the Garmin app is synced to my MFP. It has worked beautifully since December. No issues yet.
  • everybodylovessarah
    Options
    thank you all for your replies! :)
  • jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Before spending the money on these items. I have two personal friends who are trainers. they both seem to like the mapping apps for biking, running,and walking. They say the step counters are often flawed, re-setting, giving too many to few steps, and they both agree that with the devices and gym machines the calorie counter is usually pretty off. They recommend only eating half of your exercise Cal's back. They have clients who burn X number of calories then eat them back, then wonder why they are still not seeing results the machines would say they should be. They of course don't say anything to the client cause that is how they pay their bills. For cardio I have a simple mapping system that gives distance and average speed and time. But if these devices which I am not saying all are junk motivate you to get out there and move they are worth it. Just stick too around 50% of eating back what the machines and devices say you burn.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,522 Member
    Options
    None because those are all just estimates and most likely too high, and I think that MFP has no right to access my contact or any other information on my phone.