Bouquetofflowers
Bouquetofflowers Posts: 7 Member
edited February 2018 in Introduce Yourself
..i need some motivating friends..

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    What do you find hard about it. We need to have a clearer idea of the problem before we can offer a solution.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Don't think of losing weight. Instead think of learning to eat again. Make small steps in the right direction before you try to run. The weight will come off when you build a solid foundation and routine.
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You're right; it's simple, but not easy...

Edit: Hey Tony, sup?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Barfly57 wrote: »
    You're right; it's simple, but not easy...

Edit: Hey Tony, sup?

Everything's fine. Good to meet one of my MFP Friends in a question thread.
  • Bouquetofflowers
    Options
    I always been overweight... the most I've lost was right before I got sick...a few years back.. Then I had to stop the exercising all together... Since then it just seems hard mentally and physically to shed the weight...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    "Losing weight is hard, being fat is hard. Choose your hard."
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you changed your mindset, it may be easier. Instead of "losing weight, diet, exercise..." think of it as a lifestyle change. Get excited about it, schedule an activity/workout and make sure you do it, it's a promise to yourself...browse through fresh veggies/fruit at your local farmer's market, try new recipes...it's an investment in your health.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I've fought being heavy my whole life, I've been fit and I have been fat, but this time my effort centered on my "why", not the mechanics. I got the "what food" and the exercise pieces down, it was the behaviors and patterns around food that I needed help with. I worked with a Health Coach who helped me look at my patterns, behaviors what and how I eat. It made a difference, now I approach food and life differently. She was not that expensive and it was mostly over the phone, but 112lbs later I am staying focused and besides the lost weight I have reversed a ton of health issues. I agree losing weight is hard, but after a stint in the Cardiac unit last February I can tell you being chronically ill is harder. I always said I did not have time to eat healthily or prepare my own meals etc, well I had time for hospital stays, dr. appts and working to pay all those medical bills. Find your why, and it won't necessarily be easy, but it will be way more doable. Research, research, research, did I mention research? Seriously, get to know about the foods you eat and how they affect you and get to know your body and how it is affected by different foods. Find a tribe of folks who will motivate you and who will also support you when you hit bumps. I have a few very good friends who will smack me upside the head when I need it. Find one or two of those and give them permission to hold you accountable. You can do this!
  • CMA2757
    CMA2757 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I prefer to say being overweight or losing weight is challenging. Accepting that this challenge is real and that you’re going to have to deal with it can be really scary. If you’re scared of what this challenge can mean for you, just remember: so far in life, you’ve met every challenge that’s come before you and made it out okay. There’s no reason to think that this is any different. Start by looking up tips on line or asking for tips about losing weight and then set your mind to the task. Discipline and dedication are key.....find friends to help.....we are here for you~