What motivates you??????

Options
:frown: I have lost all motivation to do anything about my weight. I am wandering what keeps you all going and how do you get over being stuck in place and not wanting to do ANYTHING!!!!!! PLease help INPSIRE me PLEASEEEEE!!!!! :happy: :heart:

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I think of how bad I feel when I gain weight, eat too much, binge, or have tight clothes. I think of how amazing I feel when I lose weight, I eat healthy and treat myself moderately, and have clothes I feel comfortable and beautiful in. :)

I also think of my health, and my life. I want to live it to the fullest.

Lastly, I think of MFP...people on here are amazing!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror, and seeing a fat, ugly, person reflected back. That's not me.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    looking in the mirror motivates me lol sounds terrible but its true.

i also google images of fat vs muscle. fat looks like chewed up pineapple and like it might be slimy. i would never want to carry it with my hands much less inside me!

i have lost 60lbs in my weightloss/fitness journey but since put on about 10 or so.
  • HeatherSuzanne123
    Options
    Running....I have scheduled races throughout the year. Although finishing last is not really a concern, I don't want to do it, nor do I want to not finish. So, I keep running. I also think back to when I was not healthy, I wasn't happy. Small things like the heat we are having here in Atlanta made my life miserable, now although the heat still sucks, I'm not "uncomfortable", or at least not because of my weight. Best of luck to you!
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    THE PEOPLE ON HERE MOTIVATE ME, AND THAT IS SO SINCERE. NO JUDGEMENT, NO NEGATIVITY, JUST ADVICE, CHEERS,THINGS LIKE THAT THAT YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET FROM FAMLY.
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Knowing you will feel better and BE better if you do! That is mainly what I use to motivate myself. I have gone up & down over the past 20+ years and this time is different! I am not going back up - if it kills me - because IF I go back up - it WILL kill me!
    You have to do it for you and learn some things along the way. #1 - you have to trust the process. You have to forgive yourself when you get off track - BUT get right back on. One foot in front of the other - literally at times! YOU can do this! You have this wonderful resource to ask/gain strength from - like you just did today!
    Let me know if I can help you in any way!
    Sincerely,
    Janelle
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror, and seeing a fat, ugly, person reflected back. That's not me.

Along these lines....wanting the outside to match the inside....well....:blushing: that might get me into some real trouble if they did actually match....so I'm going for wanting the outside to reflect the "true" inside. :flowerforyou:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Several things have motivated me over the months: my kids (first and foremost) - I want to be around a long time, and I need the energy to chase them around (they are 2.5 and 1). How far I have come - 50 lbs in 10 months. To prove to those who never said I could do it which was everyone in the begining. Myself - sometime you just have to do it even when you don't feel like it. I look at a pictures from a year ago and what a difference I see (and how great I feel). It is amazing!!! Sometimes, you just have to "force" yourself.
  • keledawn20
    keledawn20 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was honestly about to post the same thing. I just started one week ago today and did good the first 4 days and then that was it. The only exercise i've gotten in the last 3 days is from cleaning.....I have NO desire to workout or get off my butt. 3 weeks ago I became a SAHM after 12 yrs at the company I worked for. I have all good intentions at night before going to sleep but once I get up in the morning, I just don't care. WHAT IS THE DEAL!?! I am unhealthy, look horrible and have a family to take care of...UGH
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I get motivated by 2 things. My before pictures keep me motivated. I have them all over the house. The other thing that motivates me is motivating others. Mhen I motivate someone it motivates me! Try it. goodluck

t-
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    I really wanted to skip the healthy lunch I packed and go to the cafeteria instead. Then I thought about all the oil and other fats they probably use, pictured the grease slick it usually leaves on my plate, and it made me feel a little ill. The turkey sandwich and veggies suddenly sounded a lot better!

In general, I remember the days when I could walk or bike for hours without my feet, knees, hips or back hurting and without getting out of breath. And I remember when I could do those things without wearing three tank tops to hold my gut in.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    When I was 45, I went to a women's heart clinic to get tested. They told me that based on my heigh/weight, family history, medicaly issues (i was diabetic with pcos, high cholesterol) and I smoked ---- my HEART was 73 years old. I was 45.
    That was my wake-up call that I had to fix something drastically or die before my parents -- they weren't even that old!

Everyone will have different motivation but ultimately, it has to be for yourself -- because YOU want to be a better person.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Today it's two things. First my capris are a little looser than when I bought them and it gives me hope. Second I can't accept the reality of going back where I was, even though I have have a long way still to go.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I remember where I used to be and that I do NOT want to be there in my life again. I keep a picture that I can look at of what I "used" to be....that is motivation right there...
    I may have that same pic on here posted...I was at my heaviest at that point in my life...go to my profile, I think it's there....if its not, I need to put it there....with my story..
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    It motivates me when I have a few really good days and I see alitlle movement down on the scale. It gives me the belief that I can keep going:)
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    THE BIGGEST MOTIVATOR FOR ME RIGHT NOW IS FEELING THE DIFFERENCE IN HOW MY CLOTHES ARE ON ME. ANOTHER IS MY AGE.. I'M ALMOST 40 AND I DON'T WANT TO FEEL LIKE THIS AS I GET OLDER.

YOU CAN DO THIS! ONCE YOU FIND YOUR MOTIVATION, YOU'LL ROCKET TO SUCCESS!! GOOD LUCK!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    it may sound pretty nerdy but I read articles on the benefits of exercise and healthy eating regularly to keep me on track. Knowing how it positively affects my body is a great motivator. I even love to read healthy cookbooks that have sections telling about the benefits of different foods.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Knowing how much better and younger I feel now as compared to a year ago! My motivation changes as I do. Originally it was because I was so tired of hurting. PS Maybe changing your ticker to how much you have lost as opposed how far you need to go might help with affirming what you are doing. Affirmations are a big part of my success.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    The mirror motivates me--I'm tired of how I look.
    My kids motivate me--they like to exercise with me
    My health motivates me... I'm morbidly obese & have asthma--I NEED to be healthy, lose weight and my asthma may go away and I'm avoiding diabetes. And I need to be here for my kids to teach them, & care for them as they grow up.
    Positive people & attitudes motivate me. The first constant battle we all have in our weight-loss & fitness journey is the battle in the mind. If we're positive and believe in ourselves we'll make it.
    If we dwell on negative things, it can depress us. We all have our bad days but we need to keep going.
    Music with a nice beat is very motivating to me--makes me want to dance or exercise more/harder.
    We're here to help encourage and uplift you when you need it, but the decision to keep going is yours.
    Keep your chin up & keep going. You CAN do this!!! We've got your back. :flowerforyou:
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I just think of the nervous breakdowns I've had thanks to being overweight. There were multiple incidents when trying on pants in stores pushed me to tears because nothing fit. I also had multiple moments where I cried to my fiancé/husband because of how miserable I was with my weight.

I was in a bad mental space and don't ever want to go there again. I like the feeling of control I have now that I've seen results.