Went back on ww 3 weeks ago cause I was not losing on fitness pal
Thought the freestyle program would be great but I was so wrong
I have gained weight since I’ve been in the program and so frustrated
Seems like I’m not losing on either fitness pal or ww

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking honestly and accurately?

Have you had a physical lately?
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    I lost on a prior version of WW. Don’t know about the current version. I found counting points a bit easier than counting calories. Also liked the flex aspect of WW.

But a calorie deficit monitored by tracking works. No matter what system you use, tracking has a learning curve. Are you using a food scale? You don’t really know where you are without one. Keep trying.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    MFP works, you just need to be consistent and accurate. My sister in law gained weight on the new WW program, too. It lets you eat “free” foods that actually -gasp! - have calories!! Plus it costs money.
  • JGertch
    JGertch Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Keep trying. I know it seems frustrating. I have been there. Pray for guidance. It’s helped me. I am currently on WW but I don’t like the new plan so I’m trying out MFP again. I plan to track everything, excercise & eat healthy. Give it 100% & I know it will work for you.
  • Ivanapoutine
    Ivanapoutine Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I too signed up to WW in January. 5 weeks in (tracked every crumb) and stayed the same. I never overdid the zero foods according to WW experts (1
    Cup yogurt, 2 fruits, 2 eggs max of zeros) and this being my third day of MFP, I am down 3.3 lbs. I am still a member on WW since I paid until March but after counting the cals I was actually eating, I was going way over! I showed my logged food to WW help and they stated the amount I was eating was great. Three days in, I am definitely hungrier, but I feel better and I know it will probably take a week for my body to adjust to the smaller portions. WW is a great plan to guide people who eat unhealthy towards eating healthier. I know it works for many but for me, I eat healthy 85-90% of the time but I love big portions. All of the zero pt options were the foods I generally already ate but it allowed me to eat larger portions than I would have if I were tracking calories hence no weight loss.
  • 1John410
    1John410 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with what the majority of the folks have said here. I actually just cancelled my membership and paid the early termination fee. I was on it for 4 weeks and while I succeeded with other WW programs, this one didn’t work for me at all. I called it “The Carb Hater Program”. I was out with my college age son and hadn’t eaten all day so we stopped by Sonic and I grabbed a large tater tot...thinking it would be 10 points (which would still be a lot) but it was 19!! And I had a total of 23 for the day. Not to mention the oodles of chicken and eggs I ate (and fruits and veggies, too!). I agree with the previous poster, using MFP I do experience hunger, but also weight loss. After tracking and manipulating the WW program for 4 weeks I had a 1.8 lb loss. No way. I am not messing with that anymore.