Huge NSV: Silver Lining

Options
kaswain
kaswain Posts: 80 Member
For the past couple of weeks i was watching my relationship of over four and a half years crumble around me for reasons beyond both of our control. Being in a long distance military relationship for the past six months put so much unessesary strain on my relationship and the distance finally ate away at it completely. In light of all of this stress last Thursday i decided i needed to find something to keep my mind off things and joined a local gym. AND I LOVE IT!

Saturday morning we called it quits officially but i have become completely ADDICTED to the gym!!! It is the only time right now in my life where everything is completely shut off including my mind and feelings. It has provided my with an escape everyday since Thursday. Yes I'm losing a major part of my life and the person i love with my whole heart but in this chaos i have found something new and exciting that i know is going to help me get through this.

I am loving my silver lining...

Replies

• 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Sorry the relationship didnt work out for you, but you are right, the new relationship you have found with the Gym, along with shedding the extra stress in your life will ultimately lead to a healthier & Happier YOU!
  • kamula
    kamula Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    hope your new lifestyle cheers you up
  • bja1039
    bja1039 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your relationship, but I completely understand how exciting it is to have the gym as your silver lining. At a rough point in my life, I had a friend convince me to join a gym, and I quickly realized it was an amazing escape from reality. It's wonderful to have something to do that requires your focus and makes you forget about things going on in life. Not to mention, it's great to have your escape be something that helps you with weight loss and in general keeps you healthy. Good luck with your weight loss, I hope the gym helps you along your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I am constantly amazed by the love and support i receive from MFP'ers.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!