Tall Ladies (5'8" and up) or anyone here to motivate!!!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm Rachel (5'11", CW: 268lbs, GW: 190lbs)... Looking for friends to get started! Id like to be friends with anyone that is super engaged on myfitnesspal. And in particular, if you are a tall lady (5'8" and up) of any age. What is your CW, GW, goals in your fitness journey, etc.

I have yo-yo dieted my entire life and am actually in a place where I feel that I have broken through that vicious cycle. I feel like I've found what all of those people find that lose the weight and keep it off! Please feel free to friend me if you can relate or are looking for motivational friends that will post insights, recipes, and photos.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! But I'm short :( But I'm sure someone will come along with your requirements. Best wishes!
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel,
    If you are ok with maintenance friends, send me an FR. I found the community here at MFP very helpful through my journey!
    5'8"
    SW 300
    CW/GW 170
  • julieofarc
    julieofarc Posts: 31 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Rachel- I'm Julie (5'9" CW 225, GW 165) and am just recently back on the bandwagon... unfortunately I also have done the gain/loss cycle too many times to count in my life.

Anyhow, at this point I have finally figured out what my body needs to lose weight, so I'm back on plan as of a few days ago. I should be at my goal weight mid-late summer. I'm also getting back into rowing after two years off (due to moves, surgery, and general life upheaval) and am ecstatic about that since it motivates my fitness efforts.

Would welcome more supportive friends on the journey!
  • DanielleFayeS
    DanielleFayeS Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" with a starting weight of 200 current weight of 185 goal weight of 170. I'm taking it slow and seeing how I feel, I've been trying to gain muscle as much if not more than losing weight right now.
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Odd, I wrote a comment but it disappeared ?
    I'm 5'10, SW240, CW189, GW around 170, will see when I get there :) I don't have an open diary to share, cause I track on another app, but I use MFP every day for motivation and accountability on several threads here :) Would love for this to be another one! :)

• siobhanhorkan
    siobhanhorkan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel, Glad to see there is a few more tall girls around. I am 5 11 SW 265 CW 237 GW 175, I am new to MFP but have tracked and weighed for the past two weeks and the lbs are dropping off. I also have had a life time of diets and my weight has gone up and down to the point I felt my relationship with food was toxic. This way of tracking is so empowering, I have ate so well
  • fitdragon484
    fitdragon484 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hello....Tall lady here...
    I am 5'10 SW203 CW 176 GW150
    I am from Europe,and you will probably be confused with my food logs,but feel free to add me!!!
  • LaVonda86
    LaVonda86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5'8" SW 194, GW 160. I'm recently back on and logging daily. Definitely need some motivation to stay on track for the long haul.
  • thelegendofsakura89
    Options
    Hey!! I'm 5'8" SW: 205 CW: 196 GW: 160.
    I'm very active on MFP, just need more friends to talk to, add me!
  • LottieHaveMercy
    LottieHaveMercy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm Lottie, 37 and 5'8. SW 235, CW 213, GW 150ish. I'd love to be friends with all of you! I have recently started lifting weights and tracking macros. Best of luck everyone!
  • kimmiewhyte59
    kimmiewhyte59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'm Kimmie and I'm 6 feet, i just started back today so feel free to add me. CW/SW-172, GW-159. I also received another app that has exercises for 30 days
  • normansk0512
    normansk0512 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am stephanie. I am 5'8 and today is my first day back to this. I have struggled my whole life with the perception of being overweight and being overweight. CW: 246 GW: 140-130. I would love to have some people to help hold me accountable! I really need this to work this time lol. :)
  • dbodan
    dbodan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Id love to join you! I'm Debi and i currently stand at 5'8" and 171 lbs. I restarted my fitness journey Jan 1st 2018 with a starting weight of 187 and my goal weight is 150ish (depending on the time of the month). I live in Livermore, CA and currently work out at Orange Theory Fitness 5 days a week. I'm thinking about also joining 24 hour fitness with hopes of lifting weights 3 days a week. Looking forward to motivating others and being motivated by you:)
  • aneedforchange
    aneedforchange Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I’m Liz, I’m 5’10 and approximately 230 pounds again. I’m also looking for motivational friends :)
  • BlaqueDiamond1989
    BlaqueDiamond1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm not a tall lady, but I am active on MFP. I bring motivation wherever I can. Feel free to add me. My CW is 175, and my GW is 155. I am well on my way to reaching my GW. My starting weight was 183.
  • Donna_wanna
    Donna_wanna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tall girl here, well I’m 34 but I still count myself as a girl lol. Im 5ft 10 and live in Northern Ireland. Add me please
  • KetoZombies
    KetoZombies Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im 5'11 - highest weigh 248, current weight 190, goal is 159!
  • wryone4
    wryone4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi there! 6'0". SW 205, CW, 201, GW, 175. I was down to about 183 18 months ago, but a move threw my focus. Back at it!
  • ponyosquid
    ponyosquid Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8 SW 147 (11/1/18), CW 141, GW 135/130, this is my cut weight before I bulk with muscle again.

Previous fitness at athletic standard prior to a leg injury rendering me unable to walk for 10 months and being comforted by pizza :P Now I'm working my way back up to competing standard.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm always open to more friends and I'm pretty active.

Height: just shy of 6 feet
    Starting weight: 165 lbs
    Current weight: 158
    Goal weight: unsure, since I'm doing more weight lifting/recomping. Maybe 150-152?

Not shifting massively in terms of weight, but I'm focusing a lot on fitness this year. Going to run a 10k, weight lifting 3x a week, trying to get more flexible.