Greybeard supplements to round out a Nutrisystem-based diet

Options
Beginning Christmas Day, 2017, I began following the Body for Life nutrition principles, using Nutrisystem foods as a foundation. This plan includes adding grocery ingredients like fresh vegetables, smart carbs and power fuels (proteins) to round out a good diet. Even including these, though, I've found I often have to use supplements to get enough daily vitamins, iron and potassium. Here are some good ways I've found to round out the Nutrisystem diet so it gives me enough of what my 55-year-old male body needs. Please add your own!

Replies

• tdsmyers
    tdsmyers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    By adding a small Egg Beaters omelet to breakfast, I round out Nutrisystems pancakes or waffles to produce a really nice 300 calorie breakfast that also provides 12 grams of protein and 411 mg of potassium for a trade-off of 60 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fat and 600 mg of sodium as baggage. It also includes a serving of vegetables and a "power fuel". The breakfast includes:

- One package of Nutrisystem pancakes or waffles
    - 2 tbsp Aunt Jemima Butter Lite Syrup
    - 1/2 a banana (sliced)
    - 3 tbsp original Egg Beaters
    - 2 tbsp fresh pico de gallo w/cilantro
    (boost the potassium even more by adding a couple pinches of original No Salt!)

Here's a pic!
    kdkch48p6bsa.jpg
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Wow! This sounds like a lot of work. I think I'll just eat a sensible, well rounded diet wit some occasional treats that fit my calorie goals and leave it at that.