Ladies into Weightlifiting!

Options
Hi there!

I am currently getting more and more into weightlifting and just in ested in some home gym equipment (Dumbbells, Olympic Barbell, EZ curl bar, Weight bench/squat rack, etc.) I would love friends that are into the same. Trying to hone my knowledge and get closer to my goals.

Please share your goals here and feel free to friend me!!!

Replies

• Bamamom2227
    Bamamom2227 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :) right now I do P90X but in desperate need of incorporating weights.
  • ann_kristen
    ann_kristen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you ladies!!!! I'm doing the whole weight training in the gym 4x/week, I'm not so good with the macros yet but I'm learning :)
  • daguiok
    daguiok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lifting is a new hobby
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy in the little weight room at my work. I have dumbbells at home. So, twice per week heavy, and 1-2x at home with dumbbells to a cardio/weights video. My lifting routine is usually around 5x5 or 4x6/4x4 of squat, bench, deadlift, OHP, rows or pull-ups, and then I add in higher rep sets of either glute bridge or hip thrusts. If I have any energy left in my legs, there might be some split squats/lunges.
  • yoliyoda
    yoliyoda Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My lifting routine is usually around 5x5 or 4x6/4x4 of squat, bench, deadlift, OHP, rows or pull-ups, and then I add in higher rep sets of either glute bridge or hip thrusts. If I have any energy left in my legs, there might be some split squats/lunges.

What's OHP?
  • yoliyoda
    Options
    @ThinGoldLineNS How long did it take you to see results with Stronglifts?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    yoliyoda wrote: »
    My lifting routine is usually around 5x5 or 4x6/4x4 of squat, bench, deadlift, OHP, rows or pull-ups, and then I add in higher rep sets of either glute bridge or hip thrusts. If I have any energy left in my legs, there might be some split squats/lunges.

What's OHP?

overhead press
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I run a power lifting program as well as two upper and two lower hypertrophy days per week.
  • spatula69
    spatula69 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in to weightlifting, I have a home gym. I try to lift 6 times a week, doing split routines, can always do with advice and help with workouts. Please add me :-)
  • SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I've been lifting for 2 years. Frustrated with trying in vain to recomp so I'm currently on my first bulk and cut journey and at last seeing some decent results! I'm lifting in the gym 4 times a week with cardio 3 times a week.
  • yoliyoda
    Options
    Any tips, advice, programs will be definitely appreciated. I don't just want to look fit, i actually want to be fit.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing exercise out of Joan Pagano's Strength Training Exercises for Women (book), though for a number of exercises, I've increased my dumbbells beyond the max in the book. (Most of her exercises top out at 12lbs; I'm up to 17.5 on squats, side squats, and lateral raises at the moment). Also using ankle weights, a stability ball, a couple of lighter medicine balls (4lbs for warmups, 6lbs for one abdominal exercise) and a cardio step.

Right now, my main goal is fat loss. I'm strength training to preserve as much muscle as I can in the process. I don't belong to a gym and don't have a reliable spotter at home, so lifting heavy isn't currently in the cards. (I'm also not lifting more than 17.5x2 right now, so I think the 'bar' on a barbell weighs 40lbs by itself? Not quite ready yet.)

I've bought The New Rules of Lifting for Women and I'm slowly reading through it. Not sure whether I'll keep using Pagano's book while increasing the weights, shift to the new one, or do a combination. I seem to have a hard time 'graduating' from exercises, generally adding on, instead of replacing. (So I currently do one set of "Biceps 21s" with a pair of 15lbs, but 3 sets of "Biceps curls on a stability ball" 2 sets of 8 reps, 1 set of 12, with a pair of 8s. Should probably mention I've got some coordination issues and the ball is helping with my balance. Will I eventually drop one of the exercises? I don't know. Meanwhile, I seem to be handling them just fine, a full-body workout takes me 75 minutes, and I'm usually tired at the end of it, but feel fine the next day.)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I just started general strength training, and my recovery takes forever. I'm incredibly well hydrated and I usually hit my protein goals, but my muscles are killing me on the regular. Any recommendations?
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I just started general strength training, and my recovery takes forever. I'm incredibly well hydrated and I usually hit my protein goals, but my muscles are killing me on the regular. Any recommendations?

I find the moderate to higher carbs really helps. Also: are you sleeping well? What is your overall deficit? Is it too aggressive?

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

What program are you running? Are you in a steep deficit?
  • Marykaylady2010
    Marykaylady2010 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just started working out in jan but I am loving weight lifting over other types of workouts feel free to add me