Weight loss math doesn't work, so confused!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Bamamom2227
    Bamamom2227 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Maybe forget the number on the scale. If you look in the mirror and are happy then that's all that matters. If you FEEL progress then that's all that matters. :) Also, it's a bit much to be burning well over 2000 calories a day but not consuming that much or more.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    After going to an endocrinologist and being on a optifast diet through him I was told that my metabolism is very slow.

I feel your pain too.

I also think that veterinarians should not sell drugs directly, but they should hand out prescriptions that their clients can fulfill through dedicated pharmacies.

And if I think that about veterinarians... you can imagine what I would think about doctors being made unable to benefit from what they prescribe...

But, hey. I am not in charge of the world.

So vets sell meds and doctors, apparently, get away with selling what they prescribe.

• DmaMfz
    DmaMfz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    After going to an endocrinologist and being on a optifast diet through him I was told that my metabolism is very slow. In order for me to lose weight I have to be under 1200 calories. I workout and eat healthy to try and improve my metabolism, but at 45yrs it is fighting a losing battle. My dr said there wouldn’t be many starving people in the world if they were all like me. Lol. Great for them but for me I have to watch everything that goes in. Yes calorie deficits work and “starvation mode” is just a temporary thing. As proof of extreme calorie deficit weight loss look at Matthew McConaughey’s extreme weight loss for the movie Dallas Buyers Club. He even found that the value deficit accounted for 90% of his weight loss.
    In order for me to lose weight I have to be below1200 calories after exercise is subtracted and to lose weight at a good rate being around 800 is best. I had 20lbs(I lost 50) to lose in 2015. I now have 20-30 (some cam back:(. So I feel your pain. I no longer believe in the 1200 calorie rule. Eat healthy and go down to the calories that you can lose weight on.

What did he diagnose you with? You must have a medical condition??