"Bobble" Water bottle..amazing!

Options
So, a few weeks ago I bought a new water bottle at Target. $12, and it comes with its own filter! The big size is about a liter so I try to drink 4 or 5 a day! It is the best thing since I used to spend way too much on bottled water( not a huge fan of tap water to be honest, slightly metallic..).

The filter on these last like 200 -300 uses and in my opinion is totally worth it. Just wanted to let you guys know if you are looking for a cool looking, economical water bottle!

http://www.waterbobble.com/

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I bought one of those too from Target, except mines by Brita. They are absolutely awesome and cut down on water bottle waste.
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ooo those are pretty :) I just bought the brita one the other day...I feel so much better not throwing away water bottles :)
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    Ooo those are pretty :) I just bought the brita one the other day...I feel so much better not throwing away water bottles :)

Yeah I was debating on the brita one or this one and just picked this one since the filter lasts longer. Funny because I have been watching Biggest Loser reruns and they were just talking about the Brita one!
  • byukid
    byukid Posts: 55
    Options
    They're too small. I need at least a liter sized one.
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    They're too small. I need at least a liter sized one.

I have a liter sized one...
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Thanks hon - I'll check it out!!!!!!!!!!
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Interesting find! It would be cool if they made them bigger though. How do you know when to toss it (excuse me, recycle it)? I use a filtered pitcher that goes by monthly usage and not number of times. I guess you'll know when the water starts to taste unfiltered?
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    It says to change it every 2 months, or 300 times filling it up
  • cluitjens
    cluitjens Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I will look for one the next time I am at Target.
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    Interesting find! It would be cool if they made them bigger though. How do you know when to toss it (excuse me, recycle it)? I use a filtered pitcher that goes by monthly usage and not number of times. I guess you'll know when the water starts to taste unfiltered?

Also, you just buy a new filter for like $6 and then can keep using the bottle, and you may even find a bigger bottle for the filter and top to screw on to
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    those bobble ones are cuuuuutee :-p (the girly girl in me jumped!)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

You said earlier the bobble filter lasts longer then the brita, but they are actually the same. You also change the brita one at the two month mark.
  • futurekilousky
    Options

You said earlier the bobble filter lasts longer then the brita, but they are actually the same. You also change the brita one at the two month mark.

Bobble does last longer. Brita just must assume you drink less water.
    On Brita's website: Filtering Bottles: Replace filter every 128 servings, 20 gallons or roughly every two months.

On Bobble's: Replace after 300 uses, 150 gallons, or 2 months.
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    20 gallons every 2 months, is like 10 gallons a month, and not economical in my opinion. Haha I do my research.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The Old Navy near me has these at the checkout counter, including the filters. They didn't, however, have a bottle that was bigger than about 16 ounces.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The Old Navy near me has these at the checkout counter, including the filters. They didn't, however, have a bottle that was bigger than about 16 ounces.

Yeah, exactly. I saw them at Old Navy and thought about buying one, but the biggest was, like, 20 oz or so.
  • futurekilousky
    Options

Yeah I saw those! It looks like they have several sizes and I guess what size stores decide to carry is up to them
  • RoseVernon
    Options
    I bought one a few weeks ago and am not at all happy with it. It already fell apart and I've only used it 3 times. The filter broke off from the top. Oh well, I'm glad yours is working well!
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    So, a few weeks ago I bought a new water bottle at Target. $12, and it comes with its own filter! The big size is about a liter so I try to drink 4 or 5 a day! It is the best thing since I used to spend way too much on bottled water( not a huge fan of tap water to be honest, slightly metallic..).

The filter on these last like 200 -300 uses and in my opinion is totally worth it. Just wanted to let you guys know if you are looking for a cool looking, economical water bottle!

http://www.waterbobble.com/

Thanks for the review.:flowerforyou: I almost bought one last week. I'll definitely go back for one now. I figured out that if I pay $1 per liter bottle of Smart Water, that's $300...when compared to the $15 investment for one bobble. Whoo! That's a no brainer!
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip!