What's the best way to eat?

Options
Putting this question out into the MFP universe:

What is the best diet to follow to get toned, lose weight, gain lean muscle and feel fabulous?

Thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    The best way to eat is the way that is as painless as possible with you still losing weight. That is going to be different for everyone.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The way that allows you to sustain a modest calorie deficit. Generally eating whole foods, but leaving room for treats every so often. However, it's going to be unlikely that you will lose weight and gain muscle at the same time unless you're hitting specific parameters at the same time (young, new to lifting, obese), and even then the gains you experience will not be for long.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    For weight loss and maintenance, the one that is sustainable and manageable for you to keep as an ongoing lifestyle :smile:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What's toned, and aren't muscles lean by their very nature?

To lose weight, you need a calorie deficit over time.

You can feel fabulous getting high, that doesn't mean it's healthy.

A healthy diet provides you with enough of all the nutrients you need every day, but not too much of anything over time.

For any diet to work, you have to follow it.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    We’re not trying to be cagey. It’s different for everyone. Experiment until you find something satisfying and enjoyable that offers enough flexibility for your lifestyle and allows you to endure a little hunger a lot of the time (during weight loss). Ask yourself if you could be happy eating this way tomorrow, next week, on your birthday, on Thanksgiving. Incorporate the answers to those questions into tweaks to the plan, and see where that leaves you.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    kazgorat1 wrote: »
    With your mouth.

You win the thread.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Only trying to provide a little humor to lighten up the day :)
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The best way to eat is to eat dessert first.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My 2 pence, take it slow if losing weight is your goal, better go slow and steady than rushing and fail
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    With your mouth.

closed ;)
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    when you are sleeping. That whole dont eat after a certain time thing .. they tell you its to prevent the gremlins from happening but the truth is thats how you get rich and famous .. bratt pitt and angelina jolie? yup .. they ate after they went to sleep.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    dnm1207 wrote: »
    With your mouth.

I thought about that as I wrote the first post, because that's exactly what came to MY mind when I read the title.

Nicely done, kazgorat1!

:)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of goals there. Pick one..... then eat according to your calories, hit your macro minimums, eat to feel good and perform your best. And be consistent.