High Calorie but low Carb? Any Ideas?

Hanna1983
Hanna1983 Posts: 251
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
Hi everyone.

I am in a bit of a dilemma. I have planned my meals ahead for tomorrow.
However the figures dont add up and I have tried everything that I can think of.

I have 191 calories left to use but I only have left:

Carbs: 6
Fat: 3
Sat. Fat: 4
Sugar: 0

Got any ideas what I can eat so that I use some more of my calories but dont go over the rest?

HELP pleaseeeeee! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Hi everyone.

However the figures dont add up and I have tried everything that I can think of.

Got any ideas what I can eat so that I use some more of my calories but dont go over the rest?

• I end up in that same situation fairly often (couple times a week). So I dont have any advice to give, but would love to hear from others! :smile:
  • Hmm eat some cottage cheese and you can add some fruit or some honey to it.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Fat free cottage cheese is 80 cals for 1/2 cup and 13g protein. :bigsmile: Or nonfat plain yogurt is higher in protein and low in sugar.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Hmm eat some cottage cheese and you can add some fruit or some honey to it.

Great minds think alike! :bigsmile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hi everyone.

Have a bowl of whole grain cereal you will go over on some things ......but thats to be expected in small amounts
  • Hmm eat some cottage cheese and you can add some fruit or some honey to it.

Great minds think alike! :bigsmile:

:laugh: well it helps that I just got done eating some for lunch
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Add chicken or tuna to something...unless you're already out of protein.
  • I have learned that carb, fat, sat fat, and sugar, that we will either be under or over. I have learn that if you add a small toss salad, it will cover the cal that is left over and you will not go over your carb, fat, sat fat, and sugar.

I have loss 1 pound just by adding a slad to my meals. It fills you up.

Hopr this help

145315.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • I found a yogurt that might work. It's called Carb Master (Kroger brand)
    Nutrition Facts
    Calories 80
    Total Fat 1.5 g
    Carb 4g
    Fiber 1g
    Sugar 3g
    Protein 12g

They taste pretty good too!

Good Luck!
  • thanks guys for all your advise.

I was hoping I could get around using chicken. I have used that as a help alot recently and am getting bored of it. :ohwell: Looks like I will have to stick to it.

Cereal is not an option as its high in carbs.

Stempeckc, the yoghurt sounds yummy, but it doesnt look like we have it in the UK :frown:
  • Have you tried Greek yogurt? I know it is high in protein and low in fat. I think that most grocery stores carry it. I don't think I could eat it plain but maybe you can add it to low fat ground turkey and add chili powder---I see if I can find some recipes.

I eat alot of egg whites, soy peanut butter (lower in fat than most peanut butter), and I drink EAS Strawberry low carb shakes. I also ordered protein powder from unjury.com I bought the sample pack to try it. They even have chicken soup flavored protein. I kinda like the vanilla. I add lemon extract for a different taste. I also like to use coconut extract in the chocolate shakes.

See what you think.

Good luck!
    Chrissy
This discussion has been closed.