Accountability buddy, anyone?

Options
What can I say? I'm a yo-yo dieter trying to break the cycle. Over the past couple years, much to my surprise, I've had to deal with some health issues and some big life changes. And while things are looking up now, I'm heavier than I've ever been (stress eater to the max). Just moved to a place where I don't know anyone and hoping someone on here might also need a little kick in the butt every now and again. I feel silly posting my business in a public forum... But what the heck. I want to be accountable for making healthy food choices daily and I'd like to get to the gym 5-7 days a week. I have the ability to make this a focus right now and want to take advantage of that. So! Here goes nothing!

Replies

• triciegirl2014
    triciegirl2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey looking for the same, I am at my heaviest had the most stressful year of my life!!! I am trying to log food and get to the gym but.. no established routine. SO much much more
    ! 316 lbs 5'8"
  • tracymdurham
    tracymdurham Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m looking for a buddy too.
  • desertathletegirl
    Options
    I'm looking for support also. I've been battling my weight for 18 years now. When I realized that earlier today it made me want to cry. I've been through a lot with my mental health the last 10 years (I have bipolar disorder, heavy on the depression, and don't mind talking about it). Also my dad passed away from cancer September 2016. This past sumner, 2017, I lost 20 pounds but when the first anniversary of my dad's death came around I just shut down. I belong to a gym and there are great instructors there. I just need to know I'm not alone I guess.
  • osowskip
    osowskip Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm at the same point. Let's keep each other accountable.

So not sure how to send a friend request. Figured it out!
  • franklin5280
    franklin5280 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Find people who’ve walked in your shoes. They need to be active on MFP and on the forum.

There’s lot of advice available if you ask.

Also, you want to give people and Idea of what plan you are following and your current status.

Max Weight: 485 lbs Spring 2007
    Current: 341 lbs
    Long Term: 250 lbs
    Calories/Day: 2.497
    Macros: 150p/175c/133f
  • ahaq11
    ahaq11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need a group to keep me accountable. I’ve lost about 65 lbs and I’m about 15 lbs from my goal weight. But I’ve hit a plateau and I know I have to bust through it.
    Thanks for the motivation! Let’s do this!