College lifestyle has definitely caught up to me! :(

Options
My name's Kaley, and I joined MFP awhile back ago, but never really took the time to take advantage of the community aspect, and I have never been consistent in logging in my foods and daily exercise. I'm really determined now, since I want to lose the 15 pounds (yes, the stereotypical freshman 15) I have gained from starting college two years ago.

I want to be able to run a half marathon, as well as NOT weigh almost as much as my boyfriend (yikes!). I would love to hear people's healthy recipes and some great cardio workouts that burn fat fast!

Replies

• mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Lol. I hear you...
  • Running2436
    Options
    If you have the money to spend...I highly recommend purchasing Insanity! It works wonders!
  • Elysian13
    Options
    Instead of the 15, I gained 40 (YIKES! But it was over 2 years), but I have lost 13 so far.

I have been doing Zumba, Jillian Michaels' DVDs (right now on 6 week 6 pack), Wii Gold's Gym Cardio Workout, and My Fitness pall on the wii. I am now trying to run 2 miles in combo with Jillian's DVD. :)

Good luck! Feel free to add me!
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am with bones. I gained 40 and more my freshmen year in college when the year before I lost all the weight. Just slowly get in routine. I do zumba, turbo jam and MFP challenges. you can do it!
  • LeCitron
    LeCitron Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm a college senior myself and am struggling to lose the 25lbs I had BEFORE I went to college. I'm a runner and think your goal of running a half marathon is great. I did my first during my sophomore year and will never forget the feeling of crossing that finish line!

Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for new MFP friends. Heck, anyone reading this thread can go ahead and add me. :)
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    I have done the Jilliam 30 day shred.. but only once, our basement is in the tail end of renovations and with only one tv in the house and a toodler on the go it is very hard to have the space to myself for a solid half hour. I pray the tv will be up before september.. that leaves 60 days until our honeymoon cruise.. enough time to go through the 30 day shred once and if Im still standing upgrade to ripped in 30 for the following 30. Good luck girl, I'm gonna add ya!
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yeah tailgating and constantly drinking socially gets a bit old....well..its okay every now and then now. :)

Now that I'm about done with college its nice to look back the same way I do with high school especially with all the indoctrinated youth!
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    check out your college's rec center. They should have a full gym along with cardio equipt., classes and free weights free for the students. Try to go 2 times a week then 3 times and then 5 days a week! you can do it. I am a senior myself, I also teach Zumba its hard to get a schedule down when you are engrossed in your classes, but view the gym AS A CLASS. something you have to do it that helps.