VICTOZA!!! IS THIS NORMAL ?

Options
I have recently started a new medication to manage my type 2 diabetes called victoza. One supposed side effect is appetite suppression/weight loss. Is anyone else on this medication and seeing results!? I was 320 on February 2nd and just weighed myself and in now 311.2! Is that even healthy!?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Most of it is probably water weight from less food in your system. Healthy weightloss takes a long time. Eating enough takes discipline as well, not just not eating too much.
  • Beautywalk
    Beautywalk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Apprelaw :) Probably some water weight involved, but you are off to a good start. In the beginning, a 9 lb weight loss is NOT unhealthy. It should slow to 2lbs a week or so, depending on diet and activity.
  • Ziggy2875
    Ziggy2875 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes one of the “good side effects” of Victoza is apppetite suppression and weight loss. Alas after awhile you may get used to it and that effect may lesson and go away. saxenda which is a weight loss drug is actullay victoza with another name and different dose.
  • Ziggy2875
    Ziggy2875 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That being said 9 pounds is a great loss and alot to do more with your effort then then a nudge from the medication. So keep it up.

• witcherkar
    witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The medication is an appetite suppressant by slowing gastric motility and working with 3 hormones in the body. Losing that weight is probably water and a little fat. Itll slowly start to slow down. But being on this med and being monitored by a doctor its not unhealthy as long as it does slow down.