Any saggy tummy success photos?

Options
Dayniie
Dayniie Posts: 55 Member
I have been losing hope with my "FUPA" I think its called? Basicly, my tummy is quite big and sags.. I was hoping on any before and after pics and what helped them? I need inspiration for motivation! Thanks!

Replies

• Dayniie
    Dayniie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    DZ195lbs wrote: »
    The hardest thing about using MyFitnessPal is to trust the system. Believe me it works, but it takes time. I used this system 4 years ago and lost close to 30 lbs in about 4 months. Unfortunately I stopped using it and undid all my progress. I'm on it again and now down 14 lbs in just 45 days.

For me, I wanted instant results. I hate the way my stomach looks and many times want to rip open my skin and vacuum the fat out. What works for me is to take a good long look at that tummy in the bathroom mirror just after a shower. I then keep that image in my head when donuts are brought into the office. I think of that image and how eating a donut is going to make that picture worst. I drink a bottle of water instead. After a while, you simply just don't want to eat the stuff.

Another thing that helps is to exercise more. That doesn't mean going to a gym and working out. There are ways to trick yourself into exercising. Try mall walking, 20 minutes to an hour 2 to 3 nights a week. Find a large mall near you and do "laps around it". It will accelerate the weight loss. Or if you have access to a treadmill, put your earbuds on, plug into your iPhone and listen to an audio book (try Amazon audible) while you walk. Before you know it, 10 minutes, 20 minutes then an hour goes by and so do 300 calories.

You can do it!!! Just don't stop!

Thanks for that. I am eating well and doing UFC training as cardio isnt my thing. I have a goal and am sticking to it. But...

I am a worrier. I worry I will put in all this hard work to find I end up with loose flappy skin which I may struggle with more than being bigger if that makes sence.

Id love to see pictures of real results from the real people not fake internet stories as may help put it at ease.
  • radbikerchick
    radbikerchick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Make a running list of all the ways you feel better as you lose weight. More energy. Look skinnier with clothes on. Compliments of those around you. Less long term worry about health risks related to weight. Refer back whenever you feel bad about the tummy. Realize that in life there are trade offs and you just have to weigh what you get out of this experience on balance. Plus maybe it will all turn out ok. Good luck!
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Dayniie wrote: »
    DZ195lbs wrote: »
    The hardest thing about using MyFitnessPal is to trust the system. Believe me it works, but it takes time. I used this system 4 years ago and lost close to 30 lbs in about 4 months. Unfortunately I stopped using it and undid all my progress. I'm on it again and now down 14 lbs in just 45 days.

For me, I wanted instant results. I hate the way my stomach looks and many times want to rip open my skin and vacuum the fat out. What works for me is to take a good long look at that tummy in the bathroom mirror just after a shower. I then keep that image in my head when donuts are brought into the office. I think of that image and how eating a donut is going to make that picture worst. I drink a bottle of water instead. After a while, you simply just don't want to eat the stuff.

Another thing that helps is to exercise more. That doesn't mean going to a gym and working out. There are ways to trick yourself into exercising. Try mall walking, 20 minutes to an hour 2 to 3 nights a week. Find a large mall near you and do "laps around it". It will accelerate the weight loss. Or if you have access to a treadmill, put your earbuds on, plug into your iPhone and listen to an audio book (try Amazon audible) while you walk. Before you know it, 10 minutes, 20 minutes then an hour goes by and so do 300 calories.

You can do it!!! Just don't stop!

Thanks for that. I am eating well and doing UFC training as cardio isnt my thing. I have a goal and am sticking to it. But...

I am a worrier. I worry I will put in all this hard work to find I end up with loose flappy skin which I may struggle with more than being bigger if that makes sence.

Id love to see pictures of real results from the real people not fake internet stories as may help put it at ease.

If that happens you can have the fun of gaining the weight back if you dont like how you look. Its not a permanent change you cant undo. Plus you can recomp and work the muscles in that area to help too.

Dont let over thinking and worry hamstring your potential happiness over something so easily modifiable.
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you search around for pooch and pouch and whatever else you want to call it, there are a few threads with before and after pictures :)
  • QueenK3115
    QueenK3115 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add planking and core workouts into your weekly workout :) Unfortunately I’ve always had a saggy belly even with weight, it did get smaller when I lost -60 lbs but it was still saggy. I’m sure if I got to a smaller weight I wouldn’t see it as much but I’m convinced I might need surgery for mine especially after I have a child. Not impossible but try it yourself first!
  • BitofaState
    BitofaState Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You won’t know what your individual response will be until you’ve completed the weight loss and given your skin some time to recover.

It all comes down to the elasticity of the skin so doing what you can to help that, stay hydrated, use an oil to moisturise and so on will help.

The easiest way to tell quickly is to pinch the skin on the back of your hand for five seconds and see how quickly it recovers. The quicker it responds, the younger your skin (3-4 is normal in the 30-44 range, 5-9 in the 45-60). Saying that it might vary at specific skin site due to sun exposure and so on.

If you do have issues with skin elasticity then diet can help, but so much of this is natural genetics and environmental factors such as tanning a lot when younger that just can’t be undone.

Remember that the loss is also good for your overall health. There are things you can do to manage any excess skin.

• Mrs_P_6817
    Mrs_P_6817 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also worry about having the saggy skin on my belly, boobs and legs. My husband has been a superstar and said that if I achieve my goal weight and stick there or below for 6 months he will pay for me to get my boobs lifted and tummy tucked. Not everyone’s solution to this problem, but a massive incentive for me. By the way, he’s never commented on my weight, he loves me no matter what. He understands though, how important it is for me to lose weight and get fit.

However, in the meantime I’m trying to minimise my belly by a combination of diet and exercise.

Good luck with your journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!