Ice cream!!!

Options
I have posted in the community many times about how much I loove ice cream and seem to be slightly addicted. Anyway, finally halo top has come to the UK! Some days I've been basing my calories around it so that I can have a whole tub in the evening, but I still feel so naughty! I feel like I shouldn't have a whole tub of it even though it fits my cals! Does anyone else ever feel like this even with other foods if they're high in calories if they are normally deemed 'unhealthy' foods that even when they fit you still feel bad for eating it?

Replies

• sarahjen92
    sarahjen92 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Honestly, nope. Don't feel guilty at all. If I save enough calories for a treat (I also have a bit of an ice cream addiction...), I feel pretty darn good about it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I eat pints of Halo Top for dessert at least 2X week.

I don't feel bad for eating any food. It's just food.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I never feel bad for anything I eat. Especially if I can fit a treat into my day, that is a win. I have an ice cream pretty much every night. I will say, it has taken some time to change the mindset of good/bad foods and feeling guilty. I don't know much about Halo Top, but if eating it is helping you reach your goals, go for it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have regular ice cream several times a week. I was never one to eat the entire pint, so I can do 1-2 servings within my goals.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    If it fits in my cals but not in my macros, then maybe.

If it fints in my cals AND fits in my macros, then no, definitely not.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    To heal my relationship with food, I had to get in better eating habits - and vice versa - and sort out how I think and feel about food. This has been a long process, and it's not likely to end very soon. This means that at this stage, I don't accept addiction to food as a thing, I don't divide foods into healthy and unhealthy, I don't routinely overeat anything, no matter how (little) calorie dense it is. I pick my favorite foods - I actually have so many now, that I have to plan well - I allow myself pleasure from food, no, I demand it, and don't feel bad about it.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I eat Halo Top almost every night. I have a huge sweet tooth and a serious love of ice cream and I don't think I'd be nearly as successful with my weight loss and fitness routine without the nightly treat.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I only feel bad if I budgeted calories for something and the taste wasn't worth it. I don't eat a lot of ice cream and only eat it when it's hot, but I have eaten more than the conventional dieting serving of some things and I don't feel bad if I'm enjoying it and it's within my calories.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Definitely do not feel bad about it.

I am sad as I've not been able to find HaloTop in the UK yet :'( I have checked all local Tescos.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Really wish Halo Top was satisfying to me.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Waiting impatientlly for Halo Top to finally arrive in Canada...3 more weeks!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Nope. I eat ice cream pretty much every day, usually Halo Top or some other low cal ice cream. Some days for breakfast. I look at is a tasty way to get some extra protein.
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    No, I don't see any food as bad. Lately I've been planning for a carton of Halo Top, the whole thing at the end of the day. So good!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    If I eat something with a lot of calories, I do it as a choice and never feel bad about it any more. When I want ice cream, I'll go to the ice cream shop down the street (locally made brand) and get two scoops to go -- or drive to the Culvers (Wisconsin chain) and get a dish of their frozen custard. I might eat light the next day, or just figure eh, I enjoyed it.

I also wish I liked Halo Top, but I have a strong preference for the full fat versions of ice cream. So I just don't have it as often. I might try the light ice cream Breyers came out with to compete with Halo Top, but I have a feeling that's going to disappoint me, too.