Sweating

Options
Hi I noticed that I sweat alot during my kick boxing sessions. I sweat sooo much that I feel that i flooded the room. Is that a good sign?

Replies

• Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    YES! Just make sure to re-hydrate yourself with plenty of water!
  • shassen
    shassen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Actually, the bad sign would be if you were to stop sweating. If this happens, you are very dehydrated and in danger of blacking out. So keep sweating and drink a lot of water!
  • JennieD2
    JennieD2 Posts: 66
    Options
    It is a sign that you are working hard! I do boxercise and end up dripping with sweat by the end of the class. As long as you rehydrate afterwards then it's really nothing to worry about:happy:
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    yes but make sure you are drinking water before, during and after - if you are thirsting when you are drinking then you waited to long. Also, not a bad idea to have a health snack afterwards.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Good sign in what way? Sweating is just your body trying to cool itself. Some people sweat more than others for the same effort, like me...heavy sweater. The fact that you're exercising is good yes, but don't let sweat determine how hard you work, and yes, make sure to keep hydrated.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Sweating is a good thing, hell you should see my shirts when I finish a workout. I could probably wring out a 1/2 gallon or so. Rehydrating is the key and it shouldn't be just water. Sweat contains salt and potassium as well. So the more sweat you lose the more you need to be sure to replace those nutrients. This is why sports drinks are so popular. The low-cal/no-cal versions (Gatorade G2, PowerAde Zero) should be part of your post-workout hydrating along with water. Drinking equal amounts of both is about right for most people.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way...it's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying for mercy!

SHOW THEM NO MERCY!!!