Hello everyone

Options
I’ve been able to maintain my weight loss of 75 pounds but now I’m lifting weights trying to tone up. Any advice would be great and new friends are always welcomed.

Replies

• LottieHaveMercy
    LottieHaveMercy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    75lbs is AMAZING! Congrats! I'd love to be friends!
  • jordanmbriggs
    jordanmbriggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't think your needing advice if I'm honest. Your doing something right if your maintaining that weight. In terms of lifting, for best toning results stick to a comfortable weight that produces the burn AFTER 15 reps. You will avoid accumulating much mass by sticking to that and begin to define the worked areas. All the best.
  • N3dStarKz
    N3dStarKz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there PuzzleHead,

Congrats on the weight loss , as we all know the hard part is not putting the weight back on.
    Just stick to the routine that’s been working for you that has allowed you to keep weight off , maybe try a little more weight or reps to help tone up.
    Keep it going
  • dnasty16
    dnasty16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just stick to high intervals of cardio and high reps with smaller weights
  • puzzlehead5
    puzzlehead5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the great advice.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    stick with a routine that is sustainable.........maintaining is the hardest part! Eating good / eating bad is easy........the middle ground is the toughest. I disagree with high reps with smaller weights.......I say progressively add weight / reps as you get stronger (maybe shoot for 6-12 reps at first), unless you are eating over maintenance or slamming a ton of protein you will not get bulky..........as you get stronger, your muscle will get more dense (tight) but only occupy a small space..........2¢
  • puzzlehead5
    puzzlehead5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks Figgzie, I just started lifting weights a month ago. I usually use the cable machine which is great and complete 5 sets 10/12 reps and then end it with 30 minutes of cardio. Not to sure if that’s to much or to little. I do this 3x a week. I love cardio but decided to change my exercise regimen. Hope I’m on the right track.