Any ladies in their 40s struggling?

Options
Looking for some nice friends to meet and go on this journey with!!! Good luck to all of you!!!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I struggled a lot with misinformation (eat the right foods, go to the gym etc). Now I struggle a bit with cravings - I always want something tasty. But everything is easier now, with good food and only walking and dancing for exercise.
  • luvnmyredheads
    luvnmyredheads Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes - 43 and struggling here! Ha! Nine years ago I successfully lost almost 30 lbs & managed to keep it off for over 2 years. However, I went back to work in 2011 and since that time I’ve managed to gain all the weight back + 10 additional lbs! I agree that an office job where I’m mostly sitting 8+ hrs each day makes things difficult. I can definitely tell that losing weight in my 40s is MUCH harder than it was in my 30s!
  • evergara6753
    evergara6753 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 yrs old my goal is to loose 40lbs I'm 203lbs as of today, i started a week ago wish me luck.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I've been maintaining +-10 for about 18 years now. 45 was when it got challenging for me. GREAT that you're here to keep things under control. I did end up gaining about 12Lbs through the whole menopause transition, but I believe my mindfulness stopped it from being much much more. Working on that 12 now...

You got this.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    43....lost my weight. I am still trying for A few vanity lbs, but my goals now are all fitness oriented. It definitely has gotten harder as I have gotten older. Feel free to add me to your friends.
  • Dacia36
    Dacia36 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me! I just turned 43 and currently at 207lbs due to crazy hormones (IVF) and currently now trying to lose this extra weight. Ideally I'd love to be down to 160. My current motivation is I'm getting married next year. So I gotta do this! Looking for motivation buddies. Please add me if you'd like.
  • katebigue
    katebigue Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 last month. And I was like *kitten*. Need a Change. And my weight is one thing I want to lose again. I'm so looking for motivation and other ladies who are supportive and log in more than once a month!!!!!! You can add me if you like.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Me too!! It's so much harder in the 40s. I feel like I'm working twice as hard but seeing only half the results. But I'm trying to stay the course! It's also much harder to do this while raising a family. Best of luck! You got this.
  • 1fitwong
    1fitwong Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I’m 43....I was getting pretty discouraged before because my efforts were all over the place and didn’t seem to amount to much. I’ve since committed to logging and having a daily deficit so I can measure my efforts. I’ve read that it takes more time and a committed effort but it will come off if we stick to it and don’t give up. Feel free to add me so we can encourage each other!
  • dawnemmett
    dawnemmett Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m 46, fairly petite and have really felt the pounds coming back on in the past 5 months (always shows up in my face and gut first). I always find it “slightly “ easier to drop weight if I’m consistently logging my fitness and food!! Committed to stick it out this time!! Looking for friends for accountability and encouragement
  • jennabun101
    jennabun101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    46 - yo-yo dieter. Until now, logging everything is the only thing that actually works for me. I guess I need to visually see the impact of different food choices on my daily goal before I choose them. Same goes for the positive impact of exercise, love seeing my progress on a chart... I don't know why, but it's working! Feel free to add me too.
  • rmwblessed
    rmwblessed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Trying MFP for the umpteenth time, and this time hoping the community aspect of it will help. I am 48, and finding peri-menopause to be causing havoc on my waistline and scale. It is obvious what worked for me before will not work again. I am tall, 5'9", so the pounds hide until I look at the scale and my clothes stop fitting, and by then it is an uphill battle that at this age I don't know if I can conquer. I have one kidney so I have to keep high blood pressure, diabetes and any health issue at bay, so I know it's for health reasons I have to keep the weight down, but...
    Does anyone else, feel like at a certain point, to just give up and let age take its course?
  • Mrs_P_6817
    Mrs_P_6817 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I’m 45 and work 12.5 hour shifts where it’s hard to find time to take a break. I struggle more on days/nights when I’m working.

On my days off I go to the gym and batch cook for my work days. It means that sometimes I eat the same meal for 2/3/4 days running as my main meal. It stops me reaching for a high calorie/easy to make alternative though.

Feel free to add me. I’m new to MFP, not new to dieting though.
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and need to lose about 35 pounds. I have been a MFP member for 9 years. I had incredible success the first time around, and even surpassed my goals to be the smallest I have ever in my life, before hitting 40. (I lost 42 pounds). At 44 I had extensive foot surgery (recovery was a year), my husband suffered a job loss, and we moved 500+ miles from home. I gradually I put back on most of the weight I lost. My exercise (when I was able to do it again) was sporadic at best and I went back to my careless ways of eating. I'm back in Tennessee and my life is more stable now. My weight is TERRIBLE. I miss the confident and energetic way I used to feel. I joined a gym and I'm trying to have one successful day at a time. I'm reading your posts, trying not to think about how hungry I feel right now! ;)