Getting back on track

Options
Just had a baby 4 weeks ago and trying to get my eating habits back to the way they were and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight minus 50-60lbs

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and remember to take your time. If you are breastfeeding you'll need extra calories every day. My son is now 7 months and although I've been eating well I'm just starting to exercise again, and it feels fabulous. I had two kids in two years so I took my time getting back to exercise. Give yourself some time and make sure your doctor knows about your goals.
  • Fat2fitRN2018
    Fat2fitRN2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have a 17 month old and it's hugely challenging finding time to work out. But after still wearing some of maternity clothes I finally decided it's time to eat better and work out....even for 15 minutes a day. Wishing you the best of luck!!
  • Thomasanp
    Thomasanp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Take your time physically. Find healthy foods you enjoy and chug that water. Set realistic goals: even a small success is still progress! We want the ending results and often set ourselves up for failure in the process because we stop considering small changes and accomplishments as victories. I have 2 children and ran till I went into labor with both of them. Dispite that fact it took me months after both births before I could even take on power walking. As a runner, walking was discouraging. It felt like I would never be the same. But as long as you keep setting goals and reaching them, you are progressing. When you feel up to the physical part set up baby in a high chair with a toy and get your work out on. You can do it, but be merciful with yourself. Birth is no little thing. Good luck!
  • change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Congrats on your baby! It can be hard to find that healthy routine after a baby, good luck on your journey