Replies

• gailmarie2912
    gailmarie2912 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You and ME Both!
  • ChrisBain18
    ChrisBain18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think it gets easier once you see results. Plus, removing yourself from bad influences helps the most.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I think motivation comes and goes, but routines stay. So make a few routines that help you and just focus on those. Like you always do 3 stretches when you wake up. Low energy requirement but big sense of accomplishment. Do small routines like: 10 min walk everyday after work to decompress. 10 min walk after dinner with spouse to catch up. Etc. Routines save you when motivation is nowhere to be found. Start super small and succeed forward. Best of luck!
  • nicholewilson3926
    Options
    I usually have my siblings hid the T.V. remote from and and tell them not to let me bribe them until I work out. Almost always works.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Motivation is fleeting.

I had to set habits. It's like brushing my teeth. I have to do that every day. Working out is a necessary habit that I can't skip.

Put it on your calendar and treat it like a meeting with your boss. You cannot cancel, unless you are really sick or something.
  • fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Motivation is fleeting.

I had to set habits. It's like brushing my teeth. I have to do that every day. Working out is a necessary habit that I can't skip.

Put it on your calendar and treat it like a meeting with your boss. You cannot cancel, unless you are really sick or something.

I actually printed out a calendar my first 2 months of lifting, and got excited every time I got to cross out a workout or meal.
  • Tedo201
    Tedo201 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Add me.
  • sunnycloud82
    sunnycloud82 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Motivation is an emotion. Emotions can't always be trusted. ;)

Instead of waiting on motivation it helps me to focus on being disciplined. I don't always feel like meal prepping, but it's part of my goal. I don't always want to go to the gym but I made a commitment to myself. Focus on your "whys" and just do it.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Motivation is fleeting.

Same - motivation is a tease. Create a routine - what works for you. But try to remain flexible. I made the mistake of not being flexible and was completely derailed by a trip. Fake it until you make it, eventually it'll be a habit and before you know it - a month will have passed.