Revved Up To Lose 100+ Pounds and REALLY change my body!

Options
StarsOfPomegranate
StarsOfPomegranate Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all! :)

I am a 44 year old mom from the midwest :) I have 100+ pounds to lose. 130 according to the cute sticker ticker! :)

I have been weighty since I was about 30 years. I mean, I was not slim before that by any means, but that is the point I started to feel unhealthy.

I want to REALLY transform myself, inside and out. I have always been super interested in nutrition- and always admired toned bodies I's see walking by me. Well, NOW i want that :):) I really want it. So far, I have lost about 38 pounds. My starting was about 298 at 5'4. I am now at 260 :):) That 30ish points was slow and over a super long period of time. Now that I am starting to feel (not so much see), I am super hyped to really transform. I really believe I can do it.

Today I had my darling 13 year old take some photos of me, full ones and from the sides. I hope to document my journey. Sadly I did not have her take any at my highest, but I think my mom did snag a few of me at a few holiday get-togethers. Moms are sneaky like that, aren't they? I guess I am too. hah!

Now to figure out what to do exercise-wise. LOVE there is a forum here so I can lurk and see what has worked for people. I do not have a gym pass nor any exercise equipment except for an indoor bike that hurts my hiney.... (What's up with that?!) So! I will have to be creative :) Though I have been tempted to maybe splurge on a SNAP fitness they just got here not too long ago.

Not sure if I should focus on cardio? Or, building up muscles to burn more fat? Hmm lots of research to do! Anyway, thank you for having me. I hope to make lots of new and inspirational friends! :)

EDIT: How do I get the cute sticker ticker in my signature? Pasting the code below, ignore if I mess this up , heh.
144608150.png

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You are off to a good start! Way to go!

I have never been able to figure out the ticker, I think it is a copy/paste thing.
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Options
    Hi Star,

Glad you're here! What about an exercise ball and some resistance bands? Works for me at night when finally the kids are asleep. Bouce and work out to the TV.

Jennifer
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    all you gotta do is lose 1 pound 130 times!

if it helps your mentality at all, losing weight is about making good decisions a majority of the time.......no one is perfect. One meal, one day, one week, one pound at a time! You're gonna do great!
  • dembkogirl
    dembkogirl Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    congrats on the first 38lbs. Have you looked into youtube videos, there are a bunch on there geared to people at home with little to no equipment. I can send you some links for my favorites :)
  • brimom19
    brimom19 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I also have over 109 to lose. As of today I was 266.6.. started at 295. One day at a time
  • beany90a
    beany90a Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A strong willed person who can achieve she wants. Yep, that's what I get from you.
  • U2BFM
    U2BFM Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have 100 to lose myself. You got this
  • puzzlehead5
    puzzlehead5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!
  • Erissel
    Erissel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It feels like it was yesterday but one day in June 2016, I felt exactly the same way. I was 292 lbs and 5'6".

Today, the scale says I am 152 lbs.

One day at a time, and one good decision at a time. Get some bloodwork done to get a baseline of where you are at, and start taking a good multivitamin (along with a vit D supplement too) to make sure you can keep up your weight loss efforts. This was a huge help to me... dieting for extended periods of time will deplete your nutrient stores, and once my vit D dropped, I started to feel really exhausted all the time, leading to a 2 month long stall.

Realize that exercise will help tons, but if you start lifting (and you should) it may seem like you lose weight more slowly because you will be building muscle too! Get a scale that can measure your body fat. They are notoriously inaccurate all around, but it doesn't matter... all you want is to be able to see that number consistently going down.

Best of luck. You got this :)
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to lose 100 lbs as well. We've all got this! You have my support 100%! :)
  • sunnycloud82
    sunnycloud82 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You have an amazing attitude! You've got this!! :)