Options
2»

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    WolfDenOne wrote: »
    I work from home. What works for us is that we've committed to stop everything and go to the gym for 60-90 minutes, five days a week. During the week, we go right after supper, once my fiance has come home from work. You have to MAKE the time. Schedule the gym like any other appointment. Log all your food and make sure you dont exceed your daily allotments. Don't make exercise an option; make it a priority.

Yes! I forgot to add this. I consider my workout time as part of my work day. It's scheduled and not an option.

I had to work from home for several months after Harvey as our office building was destroyed. It took some adjusting, but I had to do exactly what others have said. I had to build it into my day. I'd get up at my old time and bike to the gym and workout for an hour or so and then bike home and start my office day. I just had to make it part of my morning routine.
  • AltSpeaking
    AltSpeaking Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    pplf2001 wrote: »
    Yes, so hard! Where is your group to join?

I struggle trying to make the workouts fit in while the kids are at daycare plus working from home is very sedentary.

Here's the link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/125459-work-from-home
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'd suggest you stick to a set time. That'll remove willpower eventually. The more your workouts are all over the place the less likely you are to gain momentum. That and some discipline. How bad do you actually want this?

^100% this! I have my gym time on my calendar at lunch and no one messes with it. I've been WFH FT for 5 years and working out regularly (in between having babies) during that time and the only thing that has worked for me is a set schedule at a small gym where it might actually be noticed if I skip a few. That has kept me on routine for a year. I'm so joining the group you started for motivation :) WFH is such a bizarre lifestyle sometimes and I love to hear about how others take advantage of the perk!
  • Lora2380
    Lora2380 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was a stay at home mom for my boys when they were little and with my husbands career moving us around for a few years I never really got back to the workforce out of the house and now do Home daycare. There are ALWAYS snacks and I just eat constantly out of habit. I’m 38yrs old this year and have decided that I need to start doing stuff for myself and need to get in shape. MFP has helped me take accountability for my snacking which has really helped but squeezing in workouts are hard to schedule. Getting some good ideas from this group though and I think it’s really going to help! I’m going to try to get out for a walk with the fur babies in the evenings (when it isn’t -25c).