No more diet clubs!

Options
2»

Replies

• lisabobczuk
    lisabobczuk Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    does anyone know who owns those diet clubs. nestle. ya know the chocolate/candy empire.

lol.

I used to eat a box of the toffee bars in one go
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options

Not going into my whole life ;-/ but I did have an ex that called me a pig and fat etc.

[/quote]
    ^
    Your ex was a jerk, you deserve better. MFP really works if you don't think of it as a "diet". By weighing and logging everything you'll see results. You'll learn to fit in any foods that you want, you'll learn that some days you'll go over and that's okay, just keep going. Good luck to you, you got this! :)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am in the UK.

I joined MFP in 2013 I lost 32 pounds and maintained that loss for 2 years. Then I gave up smoking and for some reason this kicked off all my old bad eating habits and I gained a lot back. I was then diagnosed with Osteaoarthritis so now I struggle with excercise.

However I AM BACK YAY and I am losing again. My aim is 1 pound a week and I am on target.

MFP is a great tool to weight loss and fitness.

My tips are:

Weigh and measure everything
    Log everything honestly
    Be open to listening to people who have succeded
    Eat whatever you enjoy as long as it fits your calories
    Be patient.

Do all this and you will lose. Good luck hun.
  • lisabobczuk
    Options
    onward1 wrote: »

Not going into my whole life ;-/ but I did have an ex that called me a pig and fat etc.

^
    Your ex was a jerk, you deserve better. MFP really works if you don't think of it as a "diet". By weighing and logging everything you'll see results. You'll learn to fit in any foods that you want, you'll learn that some days you'll go over and that's okay, just keep going. Good luck to you, you got this! :)
    [/quote]

Awe thankyou :-) I really want this!
  • lisabobczuk
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am in the UK.

I joined MFP in 2013 I lost 32 pounds and maintained that loss for 2 years. Then I gave up smoking and for some reason this kicked off all my old bad eating habits and I gained a lot back. I was then diagnosed with Osteaoarthritis so now I struggle with excercise.

However I AM BACK YAY and I am losing again. My aim is 1 pound a week and I am on target.

MFP is a great tool to weight loss and fitness.

My tips are:

Weigh and measure everything
    Log everything honestly
    Be open to listening to people who have succeded
    Eat whatever you enjoy as long as it fits your calories
    Be patient.

Do all this and you will lose. Good luck hun.

Hi thankyou for messaging :-)

Sounds really daft! But I don't feel tied, but feel free!

It's like, it's put me in control and not been dictated to by another diet club, if you know what I mean.

I'm going to aim for a pound like you a week. If I do that I'll be at goal by Christmas.

Huge well done to you for giving up smoking! That must of been hard.

I'm going to do everything you say and good luck to you also on your journey! Your smashing it :-)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Mrs_P_6817 wrote: »
    I’m also an ex SW member. It is part of the reason I have an unhealthy relationship with food as I believed that I could gorge on the ‘free food’, when actually I need portion control to stop me from being a pig.

Today is day 9 for me and I’m already 4lbs down. Im sometimes struggling to hit my calorie count, but hand on heart can say I’m never hungry as I’m making food choices that fill me up rather than having empty calories. I’m also weighing everything so I’m logging accurately. I’m also back at the gym regularly.

Good luck with your weight loss. You can do this x

How are you finding the transition from SW to this? This is my first day and I’m already struggling. I have about 1000 more calorie to eat but that would probably take me a i to a weeks worth of syns and facing a gain on the scales

@liannebaker17

A gain on the scales isn't necessarily a bad thing and this is where you need to try and get out of the SW/WW mentality. To gain a pound of fat you would have to eat 3500 calories above your maintenance calories, when you see the scale shoot up over a short period of time like in a day or two 9/10 it's just water retention which will be gone in a couple of days, you're trying to lose fat, not water, remember that!

eqfmb7l5n7sd.jpg

nyp5kxkbebn1.jpg

• lisabobczuk
    Options
    Mrs_P_6817 wrote: »
    I’m also an ex SW member. It is part of the reason I have an unhealthy relationship with food as I believed that I could gorge on the ‘free food’, when actually I need portion control to stop me from being a pig.

Today is day 9 for me and I’m already 4lbs down. Im sometimes struggling to hit my calorie count, but hand on heart can say I’m never hungry as I’m making food choices that fill me up rather than having empty calories. I’m also weighing everything so I’m logging accurately. I’m also back at the gym regularly.

Good luck with your weight loss. You can do this x

How are you finding the transition from SW to this? This is my first day and I’m already struggling. I have about 1000 more calorie to eat but that would probably take me a i to a weeks worth of syns and facing a gain on the scales

@liannebaker17

A gain on the scales isn't necessarily a bad thing and this is where you need to try and get out of the SW/WW mentality. To gain a pound of fat you would have to eat 3500 calories above your maintenance calories, when you see the scale shoot up over a short period of time like in a day or two 9/10 it's just water retention which will be gone in a couple of days, you're trying to lose fat, not water, remember that!

eqfmb7l5n7sd.jpg

nyp5kxkbebn1.jpg

I really appreciate this! That's put it into a whole new perspective for me!
    I will admit I can fluctuate really badly. I'm a bugger for jumping on those scales quite frequently and getting disheartened and then thinking sod it and scoff loads of food.
    I also don't drink way as much water as I should and maybe this could be the reason I feel bloated a lot.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited February 2018
    Options
    A trend weight app is really helpful if you aren't using one already, there is one called Libra, for Android or one called Happy Scale, for iOS.

It smooths out the fluctuations to give you an idea what your weight is and will give you a rough estimate of your calorie deficit and date for reaching goal.

If you can disconnect emotionally from the scale weighing daily for at least a month to see how your cycle, what you eat, your exercise, etc affects the day-to-day fluctuations and realising that it's not fat can actually be very helpful, it's not for everyone though because some people still feel bad when they see the numbers go up rather than down.

There's a screenshot of mine on the 2nd pic of this post

• lisabobczuk
    Options
    A trend weight app is really helpful if you aren't using one already, there is one called Libra, for Android or one called Happy Scale, for iOS.

It smooths out the fluctuations to give you an idea what your weight is and will give you a rough estimate of your calorie deficit and date for reaching goal.

If you can disconnect emotionally from the scale weighing daily for at least a month to see how your cycle, what you eat, your exercise, etc affects the day-to-day fluctuations and realising that it's not fat can actually be very helpful, it's not for everyone though because some people still feel bad when they see the numbers go up rather than down.

I'll take a look now, thankyou!

I'll also try and not to weigh myself. It's a habit and I do need to stop it!
    Do you think monthly is the better option? :-)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

I'll take a look now, thankyou!

I'll also try and not to weigh myself. It's a habit and I do need to stop it!
    Do you think monthly is the better option? :-)

It's a personal preference really, I prefer daily because I have pretty high fluctuations and the risk I would have with going weekly or monthly is if I haven't been logging accurately if there was a gain after a week or a month I wouldn't know if was down to poor logging or whether it was just a fluctuation, during my period I can go up by almost 8lbs, I use the scale as one tool of many though, I also take measurements and progress pictures.

There's nothing wrong with weighing monthly if you're finding yourself being a bit obsessive with the scale.
  • breathefire
    breathefire Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    yes no more diet club! i'm taking a full no-scale approach with my slow weight loss just because i can get obsessive as well. will be stopping once my old clothes fit me comfortably again. feel free to add me everyone and share your no-scale goals with me :)
  • lisabobczuk
    Options
    yes no more diet club! i'm taking a full no-scale approach with my slow weight loss just because i can get obsessive as well. will be stopping once my old clothes fit me comfortably again. feel free to add me everyone and share your no-scale goals with me :)

Hi :-)

Slow wins the race! I'm a great believer that it's the best way to go.
    Also clothes are great to go by aren't they!

I just got sick of being in that mentality of diet clubs and the strictness.

I want to have what I want as long as I log it on here.

Good luck on your journey Hun :-)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options