What did you do with the junk food?

Options
When you started on your journey, I'm assuming that you had some junk food in the house; whether it be chips or cookies or cake. What did you do with it?

Did you throw it away? Did you eat it? What?

Replies

• brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Kept it, just ate smaller portions of it. If you can't have it in the house - try donating it or giving it away to friends/family. Maybe try portioning it out in serving sizes, so there's no question about how much you're eating.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    brittyn3 wrote: »
    Kept it, just ate smaller portions of it. If you can't have it in the house - try donating it or giving it away to friends/family. Maybe try portioning it out in serving sizes, so there's no question about how much you're eating.

This.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Kept it and put it in the pantry. For me if I don't see it I won't eat it. I used to be unable to eat chips in moderation, so I gave them up completely. Now I don't even like them.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I still have it and eat it, in moderation, when it fits within my calorie goal for the day.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any junk food. I live on my own so only buy the food I want to eat. After boxing day I had no junk food left and did a big healthy food shop.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any more junk food then than I do now. I got fat eating mostly "healthy food". It was only the amount that was unhealthy.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have a 17 year old son and we keep several "treats" in the house. So I kept his stuff but I got rid of everything I bought for myself. It's good that he lives different things than I do because I'm certainly not tempted by his favorites lol
  • AlainaKayy
    AlainaKayy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the answers guys! :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've been on this journey for 2 years. At this time, all 4 members of my household are voluntarily using mfp to either count calories or track weight. We, that's me, my wife, and my daughters, have not eliminated all so-called junk food. There are specific things we've changed. We don't do Sunday donuts. We don't keep Nutella. We don't keep cereal for me. I had to get rid of that because it was too easy to binge on. But we do keep a steady supply of ice cream and milk chocolate, Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    AlainaKayy wrote: »
    When you started on your journey, I'm assuming that you had some junk food in the house; whether it be chips or cookies or cake. What did you do with it?

I didn't -- I've never really kept chips or cookies in the house unless I've just made cookies.

I probably am more likely to have ice cream in the refrigerator now, and I just limit portions (which is why it lasts in there!).

There's a ton of so-called junk food (chips, cookies) at my office. Other than my occasional lack of control with Kind bars, I mostly don't think those versions of things are worth the calories, so don't consume them (also I find it easier to just not snack), but if I liked them more I would certainly fit some in my calories.
  • abirdintherain
    abirdintherain Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I ate it. I still eat it. I have the appetite of a child, and ya know, balance and all that. Some days I eat veggies galore and some days I just want an entire glorious frozen pizza for lunch. I just work everything into my calories. I know when I eat bad, I have to eat less, so a lot of the time, it motivates me to eat healthy so I can eat more.
  • mimsywhimsy
    mimsywhimsy Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My partner and I both eat the same whole food plant based meals, so there is never a need for junk food to be in the house. My partner occasionally gets some chips for himself but it doesn't bother me at all as I just don't crave that stuff anymore. He doesn't need to lose weight anyway so he can do what he likes, it just so happens he enjoys our way of eating and the health it promotes. Just eat the way you enjoy, calories permitted, and make sure it is a lifestyle you can maintain when you've lost what you need to. If certain foods tend to make you crave more or overeat, then it is probably best to avoid them in the long run.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have kids. There's always some level of junk food in the house. I mostly just ignore it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    AlainaKayy wrote: »

Nothing.
    I continue to eat all kinds of foods and I live with other people who eat those kinds of things.
    I plan my eating for the day and log.
  • orkla
    orkla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I threw out some, the things I don't have the will power right now to eat in moderation. The rest I kept and eat with the help of my trusted food scale.