Workout Planners?

Options
I'm looking for recommendation on a workout planning app. What I would like for it to do:
Plan my workouts for the week, track my progress with both cardio and strength training, and possibly count calories burned. The calories isn't as important since I can enter those to MFP, it would just be nice to see it all in one platform. I'm hoping by being able to plan what kind of workouts I'm doing, and tracking the progress I'm making, it'll keep me more motivated to make fitness a priority in my life. What, if any kind of apps would you kind MFPer's recommend?

Replies

• seking0902
    seking0902 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have recently been using Bodyspace. It works so well for me. I can get on my laptop and set up my own personal workouts for the gym and at home. Then, when it's time for me to workout, I pull up the saved template on the app on my phone and I can track the workout from there. It saves me so much time from wandering around the gym thinking about what the next exercise should be. Between sets, it times your rest so you don't take too long on your resting periods. It also sends you a weekly report that shows what muscles you worked out that week and which muscles you may have missed or skipped without knowing it. Additionally, they have programs that have already been set up by professionals if you don't want to put together your own templates. Feel free to let me know if you join the page (it is free!) and we can be friends on there!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    @seking0902 Thanks! I'll check it out. Does it track your cardio as well? I would love to see a progress report for how long I can run a mile in.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Well I tried BodySpace. It really has a wealth of knowledge about body building and fitness on the site which I thought was neat. I liked that there were many workouts to choose from. But, I got to farting around on my S Health app, and found Workout Trainer. It doesn't track reps, or distance ran or anything like that, but it has a huge selection of workouts that give step-by-step videos with each workouts ( I believe BodySpace does this too). I found I liked it better because I can schedule it on my Samsung calendar, and it imports calories burned from the workout to MFP. Just thought I would update for any lurkers who may have Samsung and S Health. It doesn't track my progress made, but it is a great way to schedule different types of workouts.