What did you do with the junk food?

Options
2»

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Ate it and logged it. There's no way I would have succeeded losing the weight I did if I couldn't eat what I wanted.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I keep very little of it in the house. Sometimes I get moved to buy it and then I either moderate it nicely or I find myself with no self control. When I have no self control I have come to realize that eating it all is less virtuous than throwing it out. So I throw it out as soon as I clue in to what I’m doing.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Some "junk food" that we keep in the house for the kids (crackers, cookies, chips, or chocolate, etc) we keep in moderation and keep out of sight. I put them in a couple of bins that I cant see into, in a less used cabinet. If my daughter wants a treat after dinner or if I'm going to pack her crackers with her lunch, we still have those "junk" foods but I'm less likely to grab them myself.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I try not to keep my faaavourites around cause I will just save up too many calories every day to eat it and then feel crappy cause of lack of nutrient dense foods lol
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I kept it and I keep buying it. I just eat it in moderation.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I still have chips in the house. I was buying small (28g) bags but I found I only wanted the salt & vinegar ones so now I buy a family sized bag and weigh out a portion. Bag says a serving is 50g, so I'll weigh out 25 or 50 depending on my mood and what calories I have left.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I've been on this journey for 2 years. At this time, all 4 members of my household are voluntarily using mfp to either count calories or track weight. We, that's me, my wife, and my daughters, have not eliminated all so-called junk food. There are specific things we've changed. We don't do Sunday donuts. We don't keep Nutella. We don't keep cereal for me. I had to get rid of that because it was too easy to binge on. But we do keep a steady supply of ice cream and milk chocolate, Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper.

Ouch. I'd never consider cereal as a problem. That's my breakfast every day. But my son uses portions triple what I take!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I ate all the trail mix in too few sittings, but the rest is for my husband and occasional treats.
  • katlyngronwoldt85
    katlyngronwoldt85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I still have it and eat it, in moderation, when it fits within my calorie goal for the day.

This!

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I've been on this journey for 2 years. At this time, all 4 members of my household are voluntarily using mfp to either count calories or track weight. We, that's me, my wife, and my daughters, have not eliminated all so-called junk food. There are specific things we've changed. We don't do Sunday donuts. We don't keep Nutella. We don't keep cereal for me. I had to get rid of that because it was too easy to binge on. But we do keep a steady supply of ice cream and milk chocolate, Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper.

Ouch. I'd never consider cereal as a problem. That's my breakfast every day. But my son uses portions triple what I take!!

Weigh out your cereal. I was having granola daily, and using a measuring cup. Got a scale and weighed it to find I was eating ~50% more calories in cereal than I thought. The volume measure was that far out from the weight.

And Sunday donuts used to be Cinnabon for me. Yeah, don't have those any more.
  • JessieAbolitionistVegan
    Options
    I still eat junk food. I just eat smaller portions of it.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Kept it, ate it in smaller portions, and threw it away after it went stale.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I keep it for the rest of my family that chooses to eat it. I just don't.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I ate it, and continue to eat it (in moderation) as long as it fits in my calories for the day.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    AlainaKayy wrote: »
    When you started on your journey, I'm assuming that you had some junk food in the house; whether it be chips or cookies or cake. What did you do with it?

Did you throw it away? Did you eat it? What?

Kept it. The other family members in the house ate it. If it got stale we threw it out. If I wanted some I had some.