Kombucha

Options
Hi!
Has anyone tried drinking kombucha? It’s a probiotic and it’s supposed to help with gut health digestion.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have tried it and I loathe the taste.

That^^

And my gut is just fine without it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    giant bags of nope.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I like some of them. I drink it as an alternative to pop some times. There are quite a few flavours that I won't drink.

Do they help my guts? I don't know. I'm currently taking a probiotic for IBS, so I'm not sure if the kombucha helps. Sometimes I feel better, other times it upsets my stomach. So it's not something I have regularly.
  • mrshambone2761
    mrshambone2761 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I tried it, hated the taste, AND it gave me diarrhea. So that's a nope for me.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Love the flavors... GT's is the only way to go. I drink one with dinner and it seems to help with restlessness.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    That is the nastiest drink I have ever had.
  • melkielb
    melkielb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with GT's Enlightened Gingerade Organic Raw Kombucha. The flavor is strong (and sometimes I dilute it with seltzer water) but I usually get a craving for it once a week or so. It's widely available now at Walmart, Aldi's, and Costco. It makes me feel good.
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love it! Some are better than others, I would suggest trying a few brands/flavors and see if you like any of them. I don't drink them regularly, maybe once a week, so I don't know if they have helped with my digestion.
  • Bannakafalatta
    Bannakafalatta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the flavor, and consider the health benefits to be similar to yogurt. But I don't drink it often because of all the sugar, and I typically just drink water.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    I like the flavor, and consider the health benefits to be similar to yogurt. But I don't drink it often because of all the sugar, and I typically just drink water.

HUH??? Which brands have a lot of sugar?
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I love it. I often have digestive issues so it’s nice to have that little aid.

The Taste is pretty amazing also
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    My friend makes it and occasionally brings some to work to share, hers always tastes amazing but I never noticed any improvements with digestion
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I have a gallon of kombucha which will complete 3 weeks of fermenting tomorrow. This is the 4th batch I've made with that mother. The 3rd batch tasted delicious, much better than the first 2. I do not know what I did different.
    If this batch tastes as good as the previous, I'll divide the mother and start another gallon fermenting right away.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I like them taste wise, but I dont feel like they do anything for my digestion. I drink them sometimes if I have extra calories to spare
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love kombucha. I mainly brew my own.
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love it..I make my own when I have time and patience.
  • birdenerd
    birdenerd Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I like kombucha a lot! I don't really drink it for the health benefits, it's just yummy and low in calories compared to soda. I was already eating yogurt and other probiotic foods so I haven't noticed a difference since drinking it.. Brew dr kombucha is the brand I've been buying. Or I get it from generous friends who share their homemade batches with me.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    can you add vodka to it?