Holy Crab, this might be the worst thing I’ve ever tasted!

Options
2»

Replies

• ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I like the Quest Hero bars -- they're a new discovery for me. More like a candy bar, but still filling, and with more protein/fewer carbs than I expected. I was a little worried about possible *ahem* digestive effects from the allulose, but so far nothing bad.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    1houndgal wrote: »
    I like the Kirkland protein bars, that fiber in them as well as protein. Yum!

I started keeping these on hand after Quest changed their formulation. Chocolate chip cookie dough is my fave!

Ditto.
  • Bavieca
    Bavieca Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    okay but you made me laugh really hard over the mockolate thing. I'm a huge Friends fan
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,758 Member
    Options
    Can't be worse than the Quest protein chips . . . salty sawdust, I swear.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    People seem to like the Costco/Kirkland copycat of the quest bars and they are way cheaper. The texture is not for me.

Ditto. But I also never liked raw cookie dough.

I like the Cliff Builder bars, but at 270 cals for 20g protein, I don't eat a lot of them.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I like it.... shrug

+1 Everyone's taste buds are different. Personally, I've never found a protein drink I could stomach without being queasy for hours after, yet I know plenty of people use them and like them.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    People seem to like the Costco/Kirkland copycat of the quest bars and they are way cheaper. The texture is not for me.

I like the Cliff Builder bars, but at 270 cals for 20g protein, I don't eat a lot of them.

I look at a lot of the "protein bars" and shake my head. 250-400 calories and 7g-15g of protein? No thanks. I'd eat a Snickers bar instead for those kind of counts.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    I like it.... shrug

Me too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I like it.... shrug

+1 Everyone's taste buds are different. Personally, I've never found a protein drink I could stomach without being queasy for hours after, yet I know plenty of people use them and like them.

I like the Kaizen Naturals Chocolate one. It's sweetened by Stevia, so most of the calories come from the protein.

Toss some ice, a little water, a banana and a scoop of this in the blender and it's (almost) like a milk shake.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I like it.... shrug

I like the Kaizen Naturals Chocolate one. It's sweetened by Stevia, so most of the calories come from the protein.

Toss some ice, a little water, a banana and a scoop of this in the blender and it's (almost) like a milk shake.

I'm totally willing to try it! Thanks for the tip :happy:
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I look at a lot of the "protein bars" and shake my head. 250-400 calories and 7g-15g of protein? No thanks. I'd eat a Snickers bar instead for those kind of counts.

Pure protein, 200 cal, 19-20 protein
    Premier protein 290 cal, 30 protein
  • ShaeSweetness
    ShaeSweetness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The last time i had one it felt like chewy chalk that someone put a little sprinkle of coco on. It was fckingggg awful
  • PB4Lyfe
    PB4Lyfe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

If that’s the best ‘protein’ bar you can find you need to get out of the lolly aisle!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yum. Taste like candy bars to me but they keep me full and help me meet protein goals. Happy I like them. I mostly only enjoy the cookie dough from Quest.
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    I've never found a protein bar that was actually not completly disgusting.

I like the Cliff protein bars, chocolate mint please.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    JustSomeJD wrote: »
    Momepro wrote: »
    I've never found a protein bar that was actually not completly disgusting.

I like the Cliff protein bars, chocolate mint please.

Builder bars are 270 cals and 20 g protein. I buy a box of 3 types from Costco and the Chocolate Mint are the first to go. I need to find a good place to just buy those for a similar price.