Healthy Holidays! (Christmas Group #2)

Options
2»

Replies

• corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Still can take five more people! If you don't make that first 20, please express interest anyway in case anyone backs out. Thanks!
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Count me in.

SW 204
    CW 192
    GW145

NSV Goal: I want to be able to run straight for about 30 minutes and not feel like am gonna pass out, lol.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I'm pretty new to this site, and didn't even realize till today that there were message boards and such. I could use with a bit of support and motivation.

CW: 178

GW: 150

NSV: To feel better about myself
  • mommymeyersto2
    mommymeyersto2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!! I log in daily!

SW - 158
    CW - 151.5
    GW- 135
    NSV- to be in more "fit" than I was before I had my babies!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Oh I would LOVE to join in! Mondays are my normal weigh in days so this is perrrrrfect!

CW: 178.5
    GW: Somewhere between 148 - 138
    NSV: I have two goals by Christmas. I would like to be a size 8/10 jeans (currently a 12) and graduate C25K and be able to run 3 miles in 30 minutes....I know that's less than 5k but I just want to be able to run 30 minutes at 6mph. :smile:
  • slw732
    slw732 Posts: 23
    Options
    Oh I should have put my stats I suppose.

CW: 180
    GW: 150
    NSV: Size medium and single digit jeans sizes!
  • althara
    althara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I'm new to MFP. I want to join a challenge to get myself started on the right track, have accountability, etc.

CW: 217.8
    SW: 217.8
    NSV: Increase sit and reach flexibility by three inches.
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    please can I join? Please Please Please? :flowerforyou:

Oh I forgot to post my stats

CW: 153
    Xmas GW: 140..... or less
    NSV: be able to buy clothes that actually look good on me in the January sales!

Please let me join :)
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

Someone started up a Christmas group and asked for the first 20 people to commit. Unfortunately I didn't make the 20. :(

SO, I have an idea to start a second group. Who knows, maybe we can have a friendly competition with the other challenge group!

Rule:

1. 20 people. (Sorry, I just can't track more than that.)

Please post:

CW:
    SW:
    NSV: (A goal for December that is unrelated to the scale)

I've been in the Fit for Fall challenge group and will do this much the same way (a google doc with stats for everyone to track).

There are 20 weeks until 2/26 (hey, let's throw in an extra day to keep ourselves accountable on Christmas Day!), so healthy rates of weight loss, 2 pounds or less per week, mean you should be shooting for no more than 40 pounds.

One last thing- please don't join if you won't participate for the whole 20 weeks. People who join and are inactive within 1-2 weeks will be dropped and their spots given to any other people that want in.
    cw. 133lbs
    gw. 120lbs
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    CW: 269
    GW (by christmas); 215
  • corgifan
    Options
    Awesome! We've got space for one more person in this challenge, so if you know someone bring them on over!

I'll start a closed group once I get the last person. As of right now, if you've said you'd like to join, you're in and I'm looking forward to this challenge with you!

Please add me or bookmark my profile so it's easier to communicate during the challenge. I'd also like to encourage everyone on here to get to know each other. The more participation we've got with each other, the better this challenge will be.

Thanks for those that have sent their stats. If you haven't sent me your SW/CW, GW, and NSV please do so. I'll put it all into a google doc for us to keep track of easily.

Here's to healthy holidays!
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am also in the Fit For Fall Challenge and would like to join this one. It is to late???

CW: 160.0
    GW: 145.0

NSV: To run a full 30minutes, at no less than 5.5mph. (Currently, doing a run/walk). To slide into a size 8 and think I look good.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    I guess I should add my GW - 145 with lots of muscles :):):)

So..... what happens now? How does this work?
  • corgifan
    Options
    I am also in the Fit For Fall Challenge and would like to join this one. It is to late???

CW: 160.0
    GW: 145.0

NSV: To run a full 30minutes, at no less than 5.5mph. (Currently, doing a run/walk). To slide into a size 8 and think I look good.

Nope, you're #20! I'll be running this a lot like the Fit for Fall, as I've really liked how that one has been going.

Anyone else interested in joining- please send me a message privately with your stats. If anyone has to drop out for some reason or goes inactive in the first few weeks I will open up their spot to you. (I'm only doing that because I want the most active group possible.)
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    SW - 258 (gained 3 pounds last week by giving up the cigs and doing more muching
    CW - 258
    GW- 220
    NSV- (im changning mine) to be able to actually go for a run with my cousins when i go to florida in november
  • Linzmyers
    Linzmyers Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    do you have all 20 people still????