From being "very active".. to sedentary

Options
I believe I gained weight by switching to a sedentary job. I feel like i am in a comfort zone! Will need lots of support! Added a few friends too..
Nice to join MFP :)

Replies

• kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Good to recognize it! I think a lot of people don't pay that much attention to their activity level. MFP is great!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain (and your gain). Went from the production floor to the control room and gained 20 in a year, then age kept adding bit by bit.

You'll do great. Mostly all that's needed is an awareness of what you consume vs. burn...this is the best site ever for that! Welcome!!
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling...When I got a desk job I went from 110 to 130. What killed me was when I went back to college to finish my degree...I went from 130 to 164 because I had no time to sit down for a real dinner at a normal time since work stopped at 5PM and class started between 5:15 and 5:30PM.

This is a great place and has helped me and others a lot!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I am struggling because I am off for the summer. my Sept. to june job is VERY active, summer I can just chill. i try to keep active anyway, but it isn't the same as being on the go 10 hours a day then exercise 3x a week. I know what you mean!!!
  • jessiebombshell
    Options
    I can very much relate to this. I went from a job at a grocery store where I was standing all day and consistently moving around to a desk job where I sit all day. It took almost a year for me to figure out why my body was changing (I know, I'm slow). Once you realize what's going on it's easier to tackle though, both by forcing yourself to move more at work and by being more active outside. Good for you for recognizing it! And welcome! :)
  • Alendy
    Alendy Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you :)