To Do or Not To Do?

Options
I am talking about the HCG diet I know a few people that have done and it seems to work from them, I am a little nervous about doing something that only allows 500 calories and not sure what it would do to my thryoid and other medical issues?? Any input would be helpful:)

Thanks

Replies

• kristimaggard
    kristimaggard Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!!! I've heard great things about it and I've heard horrible things about it. The bottom line to weight loss is burning more calories than you take in. Portion control, healthy eating, lots of water, and exercise is going to get where you need to be! :)
  • shandekapratt
    Options
    i lost 7 pound in ten days on the hcg diet. its a very strict diet. Iwouldnt go on it again. plus i gained 5pounds back because i didnt come of the diet correctly.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Especially considering your medical concerns, see a doctor and talk to them about it.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    VERY controversial topic here. There's a couple of active threads going on now in the forums. Try a search of the forums. In Light blue, just under the big headline thingy. Do plenty of actual research and make up your mind on what to do. You didn't get heavy in a month, and really, if something sounds too good to be true, IT IS.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    No - there is at least one Group on here opposed to it. Someone even made a page banner for ppl who want one.
    500 calories is starvation- it's a silly diet - the hormones do NOTHING- anybody could lose weight at 500 calories but you can also damage your organs & stuff
    BAD BAD BAD -
    there are no short cuts, sorry
    you didn't use a short cut to gain weight did you?
  • heidi_79
    heidi_79 Posts: 27
    Options
    I appreciate everyones input so far!! This is something I asd the dr about before and they did not reccommend it and I am sure they had a great reason for that. I have lost about 20 pounds and almost 4 inches so far by portion control, drinking water, and working out and I feel great afterwards.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    You inject a pregnant woman's piss into your bloodstream. You starve yourself. You destroy your metabolism permanently. I could go on forever if you'd like me to!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    No peer reviewed medical study has proven the efficacy of HCG. It is not approved as a diet aid.

"Pounds and Inches" is marketing literature - not science!!

The "... but my doctor prescribed it!" argument...

You know what else doctors used to prescribe for weight loss? AMPHETAMINES. Those have been proven time and again to be effective for weight loss.

So - who wants to go on the Jenny Crank diet? At least you won't be miserable on your 500 calories - in fact you won't even want them! The extra bonus is that it is just chemically goodness - no pregnant woman urine involved.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Pants
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    500 cals? That's what you're nervous about? I'd be nervous about ingesting pregnant lady pee. But I'm weird like that.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Pants

Drop em?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Yes! I just saw a shark eat an albatross chick on National Geographic! You should see all this blood!!!
  • heidi_79
    heidi_79 Posts: 27
    Options
    I didn't realize they use pregant womens urine eww!! I was just starting to research this and will now stop!! Thank you everyone!