Have to lose more than 30lbs

Options
ShereeEwings
ShereeEwings Posts: 20 Member
edited February 2018 in Getting Started
Hi community!

I need friends on here who have more than 30lbs to lose. Ppl who can challenge me or we can support each other to keep going. I want to lose 54 in 5 months and i am also having to work out at home a lot because i just had a baby ! So anyone with the same challenges feel free to add me!!

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    40 or less is going to be more reasonable in 5 months (4 weeks x 5 months x 2 pounds/week).

Keep your expectations achievable and you'll find success! Weigh and log your food and keep a deficit and you'll be golden!
  • ShereeEwings
    Options
    We shall see! Im trying to loose more than 2 lbs a week some weeks like i have in the past. If i dont reach my goal i wont be so disappointed tho...but this is my goal
  • Mommydearest06
    Mommydearest06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good day. Well I want to loose over 30lbs, but I have not given myself a set date. I have been loosing 2 lbs a week and has been greatly satisfied with that. But of course loosing 3-4 want hurt at all. I work out mainly at the gym but every so often I will at home or at the track. And on my lunch break I go to the middle school track. My goal for sure is to alteast be at 180 by 2019.
  • ShereeEwings
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Be careful with that. My Fitness Pal does not promote high deficit/very low calorie diets.

You're likely going to lose a lot of water weight when you start, but that rate of loss WILL slow down. Don't get discouraged and realize that it's part of the process.

Thanks hun i wont. I use to loose 20-30 lbs every summer (2mnths) but i used the gym. I didnt use this app tht much and ate 1200 or less on accident but being heavier i would think when u go from 2500 to even 1500 that will help promote weight loss in itself the first 2 months. But i have until november for my main goal...i just like to push myself
  • ShereeEwings
    Options
    Good day. Well I want to loose over 30lbs, but I have not given myself a set date. I have been loosing 2 lbs a week and has been greatly satisfied with that. But of course loosing 3-4 want hurt at all. I work out mainly at the gym but every so often I will at home or at the track. And on my lunch break I go to the middle school track. My goal for sure is to alteast be at 180 by 2019.

This is a great goal. I am trying to get in the gym when i can with a little 1...i have never tried working out at home as my main source but if u need more friends add me! I have 65 i would like to loose by november!!
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    38lbs to lose to ultimate goal as much as I can by June 9th family party I workout at home using weights following hasfit.com also do at least 10k steps a day :)
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 35 -40 lbs. Always here as you can see from my logging streak. Willing to help and support any and all. Feel free to add if you like.
  • Scenita88
    Scenita88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have a weight loss goal of 84lbs over all, so far I've lost 5.5lbs. I'm hoping to lose at least 20lbs by June 20, my cousin is getting married in the D.R. and I'm trying to slim and tone a bit.
  • ShereeEwings
    Options
    mzmystery wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a weight loss goal of 84lbs over all, so far I've lost 5.5lbs. I'm hoping to lose at least 20lbs by June 20, my cousin is getting married in the D.R. and I'm trying to slim and tone a bit.

Awesome!!! Well add me! The more support the better! U will definitley hit ur 20 goal by then!!!
  • epetty23
    epetty23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 50 lbs and I started 4 weeks ago. I have lost 13 lbs so far and it could be all water weight. I am here to support and motivate. We all need that. :smile:
  • ShereeEwings
    Options
    epetty23 wrote: »
    I need to lose about 50 lbs and I started 4 weeks ago. I have lost 13 lbs so far and it could be all water weight. I am here to support and motivate. We all need that. :smile:

Amen to that! Last week was my first week back on the horse. My issue is bread! Your off to a great start! 50 is ideal but i'll take loosing inches
  • sdgurbani
    sdgurbani Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me I need to lose 40 lbs. jumping back in tomorrow and looking for motivation.
  • kimhski1
    kimhski1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was wanting to lose 45 lbs by the 4th of July, however, will be happy with whatever my weight loss is by that time. I've been using MFP about 6 weeks and while the weight is coming off slow, it's OK. I'm not discouraged and feel good about where I am.

I have a bread issue as well. And rice. And pasta. :)

I switched to Ezekial flax bread. It's a sprouted grain bread and I find it in the frozen bread section of our grocery. I like all the seeds and it toasts up really crunchy.

I try to run every day as I love it, but am on restriction for the next 10 days so I'll be doing laps at the pool and other body weight exercises. I also just downloaded the 7 minute workout free app and will be checking that out.
  • norma_waldrop1981
    Options
    I have 75 pounds to lose. Can not work out alot due to having a bad knee and a bad back. My goal is to have it lost by Jan 1, 2019. I would like more friends to help support me and give me ideas on what to do since most of my friends do not need or want to lose weight. Feel free to add me so we can support each other. I have been trying for years but always faip because I am alone in doing this.
  • DASMOM3
    DASMOM3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have 42lbs to lose. I would like to be added to the group for motivation and accountability. I cannot get to a gym and my only means is to work out at home, which I so not mind at all.
  • health_goth
    health_goth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    heya! i could definitely stand to lose more than 30, but i've never really succeeded in weight loss so i'm starting with 30 as my first goal. once i get there i'll see if i'm happy there (bc then i would have just reached what could be considered a normal weight for my height) or if i want to trim down a little more! i have a really bad habit of starting, but then deciding i don't need to be doing extra fitness bc i work in manual labor so i'm already in okay shape, and so i fall off the wagon bc i don't feel particularly motivated. hopefully friends will help with that!
  • ShereeEwings
    Options
    sdgurbani wrote: »
    Please add me I need to lose 40 lbs. jumping back in tomorrow and looking for motivation.

I just added u hun
  • ShereeEwings
    Options
    I have 75 pounds to lose. Can not work out alot due to having a bad knee and a bad back. My goal is to have it lost by Jan 1, 2019. I would like more friends to help support me and give me ideas on what to do since most of my friends do not need or want to lose weight. Feel free to add me so we can support each other. I have been trying for years but always faip because I am alone in doing this.

I completely understand. I have always struggles with weight and i have succeeded 3xs in college ...but lost myself a lil once i got married. I gained 70lbs in a yr...got pregnant last yr nd lost weight during my pregnacy and im the only one in my friends group 100 miles away and working out alone. So i know how it feels and u can turn to me! I started and quit 10xs b4 now lol.
  • ShereeEwings
    Options
    heya! i could definitely stand to lose more than 30, but i've never really succeeded in weight loss so i'm starting with 30 as my first goal. once i get there i'll see if i'm happy there (bc then i would have just reached what could be considered a normal weight for my height) or if i want to trim down a little more! i have a really bad habit of starting, but then deciding i don't need to be doing extra fitness bc i work in manual labor so i'm already in okay shape, and so i fall off the wagon bc i don't feel particularly motivated. hopefully friends will help with that!

I just acceptes ur request. Every1 has a particular reason to start...nd it never worked for me b4 because of how i felt inside and being depressed...and feeling like it was going to slow and wouldnt fix the issues i was dealing with right away. Its a mind thing! U have to know what you are doing it 4