Activity Level

Options
I'm trying to determine my activity level for MFP, i.e. sedentary, lightly active etc. I am a stay at home mom and I homeschool. So my time is spent sitting during school and moving around for chores. I take a walk every evening for 40+ minutes. I work out 3 or 4 days a week, 20-25 min. Do I include walking etc when determining my activity level? My nightly walks count for the bulk of my sail steps.

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many steps you get per day? I get 10-12k (slightly big range) and fall in the lightly active category. I don't like to count my steps as exercise. I want it to be my lifestyle. I think some people count theirs after they go above a certain amount.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Do you wear a fitbit? I wear a fitbit and set my mfp to sedentary. I eat back my fitbit calories on average.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Easily lightly active.

This is based on when mothers that worked full time desk job, came home for household duties, were set to sedentary, and got huge adjustments up when wearing a tracking device synced to MFP.

Sedentary is less than about 4000 steps - 7 days a week.

You may be sitting for some of the home schooling - but you are probably more active than that.
  • janelleginnetto
    janelleginnetto Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would say lightly active, I average between 8000-10000 a day and choose that and have had no problems. On days that you actually work out than maybe put those work outs in since that is not an every day thing and on those days you may need more calories to fuel your body.