Mail that makes you roll your eyes in disbelief..

Options
AdamAthletic
AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
I'm not talking email here guys.

Today I had a fad diet posted through my actual mail - yay, no longer do I just have to roll my eyes on the internet, I can do it in the human realm too!

Anybody else got spam mail (of the physical veriety) that just made you laugh/eye roll recently?

4fcrqh3dyo9b.jpg

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I get free formula in the mail occasionally and a letter congratulating me on my new bundle of joy. I don't have kids.
  • AdamAthletic
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    I get free formula in the mail occasionally and a letter congratulating me on my new bundle of joy. I don't have kids.
    Lol!!
    i got a free sample of tampax once. imagine my surprise.

You just never know when these things might come in handy I guess!
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Conservative organizations asking for money. They must steal my info off of NARAL just to piss me off.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    angry sounding insurance company paperwork for my deceased in-laws, threatening to revoke their coverage (4 years after they passed away, 4 years after their deaths were reported to the insurance companies)
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Affordable cremation offers on a regular basis. Very tempting
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Oh, and a letter addressed to one of my ex-husbands. I divorced him about 10 years ago, moved at least 5 times - changed cities, our last names are different, plus he died a few years ago. It wasn't Halloween neither
  • AdamAthletic
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    A collection notice from 5 years ago for $3.21.

2 more years and that *kitten* will stop LOL

Haha exactly. At this point I'm not paying it just for principle.

I knew someone in a similar situation and he paid $0.01 at a time because they had to pay to process the payment every time

That's quite amusing!
    The only problem with doing that is - as soon as you make a payment, regardless of how small, that payment gets reported back to credit referencing agencies and can have a negative effect on you.

Though, still - funny that it's likely to cost them more on admin and processing!

My sister was a regional bank manager and she always told me funny similar stories of people vowing the system more than they were asked to pay, by doing think like request written orders of payment. Which, you're perfectly entitled to do!
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

I got an ad for erectile disfunction help, came with a free sample of ExtenZe.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

Save it. Tampons are sterile and make great bandaging for lacerations. Found that out when asked why paramedics have them, specifically to plug up gunshot and stab wounds...hmm makes sense.
  • doubleap77
    doubleap77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I get the quarterly Victoria’s Secret catalogue delivered to my address.

This would not be such a bad thing were it not addressed to my mom... who lives three states away.

*shudder*