Losing Weight too Fast

Options
So I have been using my fitness pal since the day after thanks giving and everything seemed to be working fine. I was losing a pound to a pound and a half a week. Some weeks were a little slow. Some weeks were a little fast. Lately my friend recommended Green Tea to me because he says it helps you feel full(Which was a problem I sometimes had), helps speed up fat burning, and has tons of other health benefits. So I have been. Twice a day. Everything stayed the same until about a week and a half ago I weighed 222. I was 222 probably for a week and then I woke up every day and had a different weight. I went to 218. Next day 217. 216.5. 216.215.5 and so on until I woke up today at 214. I trying to do everything the same. Sometimes I don't meet my calorie goal, but on a bad day I still eat about 1700 calories. My goal is 2290. I do play basketball everyday and have been trying to eat my exercise calories but sometimes I am just so full that I can't. Of course I love losing weight this fast but my biggest scare is that I am losing weight unhealthily. Does anyone have experience in something like this?

Thanks you.

Jeremy

Replies

• JeremySettles13
    JeremySettles13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So I have been using my fitness pal since the day after thanks giving and everything seemed to be working fine. I was losing a pound to a pound and a half a week. Some weeks were a little slow. Some weeks were a little fast. Lately my friend recommended Green Tea to me because he says it helps you feel full(Which was a problem I sometimes had), helps speed up fat burning, and has tons of other health benefits. So I have been. Twice a day. Everything stayed the same until about a week and a half ago I weighed 222. I was 222 probably for a week and then I woke up every day and had a different weight. I went to 218. Next day 217. 216.5. 216.215.5 and so on until I woke up today at 214. I trying to do everything the same. Sometimes I don't meet my calorie goal, but on a bad day I still eat about 1700 calories. My goal is 2290. I do play basketball everyday and have been trying to eat my exercise calories but sometimes I am just so full that I can't. Of course I love losing weight this fast but my biggest scare is that I am losing weight unhealthily. Does anyone have experience in something like this?

Thanks you.

Jeremy
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!!
    Last week I was shocked to see that the scale went down 4.4lbs! Then another 1.5 the next day! The wierd thing was that I hadn't gone to the gym all week! I know people say it's just water weight and fluxuation, but I'm very consistent with my water intake and what I eat, but I had been upping & becoming obsessed with drinking green tea, I find it's a habbit I have when work days are slow :laugh: Well, it obviously wasn't just fluxuation, because one week later, I'm still sitting at the same number. So, I've been chugging the tea all day yesterday & today to see what else can happen!

Anyways, best of luck!!
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    Hmmm...I may have to start drinking some green tea. Any particular one you guys recommend?:bigsmile:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 pounds my first month. Mainly because I was drinking more water and exercising. It will probably start to taper off. If it doesn't, then I would worry.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Yes, green tea helps to flush the toxins out when you are burning fat.............

And it is a metabolism riser....................

I like Celestial Seasonings.........decaf green tea.
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Dang! I def need to pick some up too. How much green tea should you drink a day! :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I remember posting like this too! It was almost like I was losing a pound a day!! But I was happy with it!! And it stayed off too! hahaha But I wasnt drinking green tea. I just started doing that today hahaha
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I may have to start drinking some green tea. Any particular one you guys recommend?:bigsmile:

DITTO :flowerforyou:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I want to try what brands do you suggest?
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    you "losers" suck (and i mean that in a totally nice and jealous way!!!!) :laugh:
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    I think for me, it partially has to do with the drinking warm liquid & constantly having to go to the bathroom because of it! haha, I don't know the exact reason, but I drink a variety of differnt flavors and brands of tea.
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    I'm going on my 5th tall cup of tea today, and it's only 1 pm.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I drink Tetley Green tea... I like it!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I am going to buy me some green tea!!
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    ugh i tried drinking green tea and i don't like the taste...darn taste buds!!! :laugh:
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    There's really great flavored ones though! I'm having mint, left over Christmas candy cane, mango..mmmmmm

Oh! And if you get some light hot chocolate, mix in a spoonful with the mint flavored...m...sooo good