Not losing the weight

Options
So not really sure what I am doing wrong....I rarely go over my daily calories, I go to spin class twice a week and walk an hour on the treadmill once a week. I have only lost 3 pounds in the last 2 months....3 inches on my waist (but no where else). I have also upped my water intake and lowered my caffeine intake....any suggestions

Replies

• GetFit4Life2018
    GetFit4Life2018 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I get what you are going through. I workout almost daily and watch my intake and try to eat better and cut out the garbage. I've done this since January 1 and lost 3 lbs and then gained it back. Still working out. Maybe muscle? I keep going though as quiting is not an option and it'll only get worse. If you need support, add me as a friend. We can help each other! :smile:
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back the calories "earned" from spin class via the MFP exercise database, or a heart rate/activity monitor? If so, those are often over-estimations and could be cutting into what you think is your deficit. The 3" change to your waist but no scale movement sounds like you're effectively recomping at maintenance. If you have been eating back all your exercise calories, I suggest trying to only eat half of them back for a few weeks and see if the scale starts to move. I see that recommended frequently and have seen similar results personally comparing where my actual TDEE falls with daily calorie/weight calculations when compared to what I'd get credit for from my heart rate monitor (Polar H7).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    hfn8z2ude7hb.jpg
  • cornplastic
    cornplastic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I haven’t gone over my daily calories and have done strength training three times a week and cardio five times a week for the last six months. However, I’m not seeing results either. I lost 2 pounds. That’s it. And none of my clothes are any looser.You might want to make sure you’re getting enough sleep though. Being chronically tired can make you resistant to losing weight. I’m pursuing that with my doctor right now as a possible reason for why I’m not getting results more in line with my diet and exercise.
    Hang in there. You’re not alone in this.
  • Swirvinwirvin
    Swirvinwirvin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so glad I am not alone. Thank you for the tips. I am 5'1.5" and 10 pounds may as well be 100. I have logged eveything including condiments etc. But I think I will not eat the calories I burned exercising. Maybe I shouldn't log my exercise? That way I stay at my calorie goal. Thoughts? Hang in there everyone!!! Thanks for posting. I have not lost any weight in 24 days. Muscle maybe? Nothing fits. Arg!!