What's odd about you?

W8WarI
W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
edited February 2018 in Chit-Chat
My 1st sip of a carbonated beverage, literally takes my breath away & thus, it makes my eyes water! Therefore whenever I know that I'll be'ving any around strangers, I choose to sit where I am not facing anyone because I don't desire to cause someone, to believe that I'm crying & then proceed to react sympathetically, to the situation!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I can wiggle my ears.
  • metsjmitchell
    metsjmitchell Posts: 668 Member
    If I go outside on a sunny day, I always sneeze 3 or 4 times then I'm ok. A doctor told me once that I'm photosensitive....whatever
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    I have to wash my hands and feet every time I walk into the house.

You... I don’t know if we can be friends anymore.
  • W8WarI
    edited February 2018

While I don't do this, ironically I recently thought that it was gross that I didn't have to paint my toenails as often as my fingernails because I obviously don't wash my feet, as often as I wash my hands!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

You... I don’t know if we can be friends anymore.

Too bad. You have no choice. You must keep me.

Sigh... alas, you are correct.
  • W8WarI
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I can wiggle my ears.

I am able to wink, my left eye without squinting!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    nothing, really....

pretty average and boring

(it's okay, compared to drama, I'll take boring every time.)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    nothing, really....

I don’t even know you and boring isn’t the word I would use to describe you.

I think that's a compliment.

thank you?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I can do those 3D eye puzzle things almost immediately by looking at them.
  • Motorsheen
    nothing, really....

I don’t even know you and boring isn’t the word I would use to describe you.

I think that's a compliment.

thank you?

It’s a big compliment

Thanks!

<3
  • W8WarI
    edited February 2018
    W8WarI wrote: »
    My 1st sip of a carbonated beverage, literally takes my breath away & thus, it makes my eyes water! Therefore whenever I know that I'll be'ving any around strangers, I choose to sit where I am not facing anyone because I don't desire to cause someone, to believe that I'm crying & then proceed to react sympathetically, to the situation!

off topic, but i really like your writing

when i was a kid i had this good friend who was a bad asthmatic and when he was interested in something or happy about it he would talk in these halting sentences with random intonation and gasping for breath along the way but smiling really big. whenever you post i see his face and read your words in his voice and the punctuation is where he would gasp for air

Thank you immensely for mentioning this, <3 unfortunately most dislike me due to it! However I don't talk, like this though but it began because I dislike ending, my thought/sentence & excessively using commas except when listing within a sentence, therefore I'd use semicolons to replace them {although I am eliminating my semicolon usage, for Lent}! Plus I also sometimes've trouble breathing, when I'm either abnormally active and/or during freezing weather {my cheeks, become extremely cold & I feel as though I am breathing dry ice, instead of air! So I've to cover them/my mouth, with my hands & blow hot air, to warm them again} & I always reread what I type prior to posting, so it makes it easy for me to read whether I'm short of breath or not!

I now recognize that I started doing this during Winter, while I was upon the dating sites! That's also when I began to shorten my words, by combining them because many had character limits but I had a lot to say!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I can remember the lyrics to any song after listening to it once. Completely useless outside of making it super convenient when I find songs or artists I really enjoy, lol.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member

Same ...mainly because I stopped drinking carbonated drinks about 15 years ago, but when I have the occasional mixed drink it burns like acid
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    I will usually eat 4 or 5 bowls of oatmeal everyday. And I have ate oatmeal everyday without exception since 2013.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

same!!
  • W8WarI

While I don't do this, ironically I recently thought that it was gross that I didn't have to paint my toenails as often as my fingernails because I obviously don't wash my feet, as often as I wash my hands!

Also your toe nails don’t touch as many surfaces so they don’t chip as easily.

Very true!
  • Vikka_V

your feet?

Yes. I know it’s weird but we take our shoes off and walk around in other peoples homes. Our socks get dirty and we put them back in our shoes. Socks are not that thick so my feet probably get dirty. So I come home and wash my hands and feet then put on new socks because I have to always have socks on.

YES!!! I have a thing about floor dirt, especially other peoples...I have a stash of socks in my car and bag...if no one is watching I'll change my socks before putting my shoes back on, or in my car at least.

This might be over the top, but I get a satisfaction with washing all the floors at my place and not having any "outside dirt" (or people) walk on my clean floor.

I also like white socks so I can see how dirty a floor is.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I sometimes get the hiccups brushing my teeth
    And sometimes when I'm sleeping. Otherwise rarely do I get them during typical behaviors.
  • W8WarI
    I wash all can tops, with dish soap & water, prior to opening them!
  • Vikka_V
    - my eyes don't match each other and it drives me crazy
    - I second guess which is my right and left hand
    - I can sometimes concentrate better if I read stuff upside down (not me upside down!)
    - I get irrationally happy when I see numbers that I can identify with my favourite number (e.g. Feb 13 --> feb is "2" and 13 x 2 = 26 (fav number)