Battle of the nuts

Options

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I don't even know how you pick one... cashews, pecans, walnuts, peanuts, almonds, Turkish pistachios, probably in that order. Put chocolate on the cashews or almonds, game over.

I'm with you Melissa!! Seems cruel to rank them. They are all so lovely...and fattening. I can't moderate them. Have you had the Ghirardelli chocolate covered sea salt cashews? OMG Yummmm
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Has always been pecans, but walnuts come closer and closer. Quit eating peanuts for a while. No reason, really. They're a treat, not a staple now.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Macedamia are my all time favourite but they are so expensive. Cashews and almonds are also great. I love pistachios but find it really hard to find unsalted ones? Peanuts and brazil nuts are the only two I am not that fond of.
  • The_Ta
    The_Ta Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I get roasted mixed nuts (unsalted, no peanuts), but I sure do weigh each serving. I figure this would offer the benefit of all incorporated varieties.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    All kinds of nuts
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Pecan
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I developed a sensitivity to nuts, so I am staying away at the moment. I used to gravitate toward hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, and pecans...yum I miss them!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    In for jokes.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I pretty much survive on pecans and almonds, I might start introducing macadamia as they are getting such a good review. :+1:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    That's a tough call. I've never tasted a nut I didn't like and I love many of them. But I think I'd go with pecan as my favorite.

They are all healthy. I don't think one is inherently healthier than that another.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Everyone stop naming nuts!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3COpxKYnjPY
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Pistachios, but I love them all. I tend to eat cashews and almonds and walnuts often, as well as pistachios.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Pecan. It makes the best pie.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Macedamia are my all time favourite but they are so expensive. Cashews and almonds are also great. I love pistachios but find it really hard to find unsalted ones? Peanuts and brazil nuts are the only two I am not that fond of.

Don't know if the brand is available in your area, but I get Setton Farms Unsalted Pistachios at my local Jewel grocery store:

http://www.settonfarms.com

You can also order unsalted pistachios on Amazon.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Peanuts. They're pretty high in protein (which is something I struggle with), and not too expensive. So they're a staple. (eating some right now haha).

But almonds and cashews are my favourite occasional/treat nut. But especially if they have salt, I can't stop myself from going to town on them, so they are not very healthy at that point haha.
  • yasiral
    yasiral Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    pine nuts, almonds, pistachios
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    For me, cashews first, peanuts second. However, my body doesn't digest cashews very well (and I do find it hard to eat them in moderation), so stick to just peanuts now. Occasionally I'll have some walnuts.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My faves are pistachios, cashews and peanuts. Almonds are tasty if they're flavored. Blue Diamond Soy & Wasabi Almonds are the bomb.