Need suggetions on toning exercises or DVD's

Options
Hi there

I was just wondering what are really good toning exercises to do and also what are some good Dvd's to buy for the same reason?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I was just wondering what are really good toning exercises to do and also what are some good Dvd's to buy for the same reason?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    At wal-mart I got a 10 minute solution dvd Dance It Off and Tone It up. It has 5, 10 minute segments...
    -Sexy Slim Down
    -High Energy Fat Burner
    -Dancer's Abs
    -Upper Body Tone
    -Buns and Thighs Sculpt

It uses a stretchy band (which it came with). I did upper body and buns&thighs this morning. It was quick enough so I didn't get bored and I could really feel it working. Today was only my first time, but I really enjoyed it and I will hopefully do it 3x a week.
  • kyeshai
    Options
    Pilates!
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have heard very high praise on pilates as well. I just started because my mom and friends recomended it to me.

They said the core exercises are great for that post baby body. Which we all know needs firming up.
  • aasta
    aasta Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Where are you looking to tone? Over all body toning?? I think one of the best at home toning you can do is with a ball. I love the body ball. There is so much to do with it for a total body workout. You can get one at Wal-Mart for like less than $20.00. You can search the internet for exercises with it, or you can find DVD's. There is not a part on your body you can not tone with the ball. I can give you some good exercises too. Let me know if I can help. :smile:
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    Thanks for some of the suggestions, i am going shoppinglater when my older kids get home from school i will look for some of the ones suggested, i am in Canada so not sure if i will be able to find gthem here or not.

I have a ball, but dont' know what to do with it...lol my 3 yo daughter likes playing with it though.

I want to tone my arms, thighs, belly, well pretty much everything.
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    I can go to the gym as well, but don't really ge that many chances to go
  • snarf1234
    Options
    Tracy Anderson mat video. It's not aerobic, but OMG... it's doing many repetitions of simple moves, like lifting one leg behind you an pulsing upward.... many times. The arm section is KILLER and that is without weights. I could have cried, but the results have been AMAZING! Tracy Anderson is the trainer for Madonna and Gweneth Paltrow,
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    ok, so i was able to find at Zellers the DVD:
    10 minute solution-Target Toning for beginners as well with a couple others, like the pilates one and thepilates and ball one, i bought the target toning for beginners for now and just did the abs, thighs, buns, and arms, so we shall see, couldn't find the Tracy Anderson one, buti have to go out again today ao i wll see if i can find it as well. i'll keep you posted of what i think of them and hopefully they work!!

Thanks again for the suggestions!!
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    1 more question............

how do i log that under exercise?
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Core Secrets!!

I bought the entire pkg of like 7 or8 DVD's.

Great variety, upper, lower and core/trunk workout on an exercise ball. Never boring. Challenging.

I didn't use their ball though. I bought a sized to my height from TheraBall.

You'll like it. :happy: :happy:
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    Hi Heel!!

Where did you get it from? I am actually going to Mississauga today and was going to stop at Square one and see if i can find any good dvd's there. I have a ball as well, not that i really use it though.