New here. Support and friends needed.

Options
Hi! I am pretty happy with everything going on in my life. I am 47 and I may have overindulged too much most of my life. I would like to lose about 60+ pounds. I love to travel, drink wine and sun. Message me

Replies

• ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Msg sent!
  • lynda38
    lynda38 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same! Mid 40's need to lose around 60 lbs. My doctor is kindly encouraging me to get fit. Also love travel but have not done much. Joined a gym for the 1st time and using this app to be transparent with what I really eat.
  • avecviolet
    avecviolet Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi! I am looking for community as well! I am recovering from an injury and in the process gain a lot of weight. I've been very active most of my life but also really enjoy cooking and eating :) My injury has left me unable to do so many activities and type of training I used to do so I'm exploring other types of exercise. I will send you all an invite and would love to support all of you on your journey.

I've lived abroad and have traveled - now I live in San Francisco.
  • joprice1803
    joprice1803 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too age 39 love travel, wine,sun well i have to im in Australia. Just wanting to lose 9kgs had an op 18 months ago and it set me back a little..
  • PHXBlondie
    PHXBlondie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I’m 54 and am looking to lose 50-60 more lbs. I had a very stressful year, which triggered a lot of overeating. I eat pretty healthy, just need to get consistent with smaller portion sizes. I’ve been logging my food again and it really helps me stay on track.

Anyone feel free to send me a friend request if you’d like to connect. If you’re not sure how to send a friend request, just click my name and send me a private message and I’ll send you a request.
  • PHXBlondie
    PHXBlondie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I also love to travel. I went to England and Scotland this past summer, and am planning to go back to Scotland in May, and on a cruise to Bermuda in September. I also love wine and good single malt whisky.
  • DisneyVeganLove
    DisneyVeganLove Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am still here after a month. Daily support friends needed.
  • Sparkyg785
    Sparkyg785 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me for moral support
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi, I log everyday and am always looking for new friends, doesn't matter if you are new to My Fitness Pal or been here 5 ...we all have something to share and learn. I accept new friends who are here for fitness, weight loss, muscle building or continuing a healthy lifestyle.
  • jimdevarie
    jimdevarie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am available if you wish. I log every day, so should be able to see any messages popping out. Good luck
  • AndyP2018
    AndyP2018 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Back again from having a spell on this in 2015, dropped off 10lb in 20 days so far, looking for another stone
  • purplelilac1
    purplelilac1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also available. I am 47 and have lost 20 pounds since last year just by increasing my activity. I belonged to mfp a few years ago but started forgetting to log and guesstimating portions and gained the weight back. I have been using a Fitbit since September and like that mfp can track my activity and suggest an amount to eat based on that. I would like to get some friends again.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Keep on going!!!!! You got past the "it's been two weeks and it's not fun anymore, and I don't see change so why bother" stage!!! GREAT JOB! Keep going! It's a lifestyle!
  • Retrogirl71
    Retrogirl71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new as well! I am 46 and I am looking to lose about 70-80lbs. Not quite sure how to add friends or message people yet. Go ahead and message me too if you want! Good luck with your journey!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Hey I’ve been here for years, I’m older than you, I have even MORE to lose, pls friend me if you like! I’m actually “just coming back”
  • Megg82
    Megg82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning! I sent a friend request :)
    I just started back on MFP and need friends and accountability as well.
  • sirricelik
    sirricelik Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add me!