soooorrree ankles :(

Options
Hi so I have been doing the 30DS for 11 days now, and my ankles are so sore! I have been exercising on a pretty hard floor with bare feet and it involves alot of jumping, which probably wasn't a good idea, and today one of them is swollen :( what should I do? I don't want to stop working out till I can get a good pair of shoes! and the shred your supposed to do every day! helpppp meee!

Replies

• themusicalcat
    Options
    I'm sure there are plenty of low-impact exercises you can do without having to stress your ankles. :)
  • lynnspittal
    Options
    I bet you are stretching and damaging the tendons under your feet, around your ankles and also your acchilles. Do lots of gentle calf stretches when your muscles have warmed up. If you have such a thing as "lectric soda" where you are (its a natural water softner and looks like small crystals) you can put it in an old stocking and wrap it round your ankle overnight. You'll be blown away by the fluid that is withdrawn from your swollen ankle. Also put ice on them before you do the lectric soda thing.
    Maybe you can try taping your feet before you do your exercise too. Look up the internet to find the best way to do that. This helps to support the tendons.

Good luck
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same issues since I started Jogging.

I've been trying to decide if I need new shoes, or if I'm just doing something wrong.
  • Melanie858
    Melanie858 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm having the exact same problem, and I just did Day 11 today. I also do the workout bare foot, so maybe thats the issue. I'm thinking I might have to give it a break for a few days.