Cheat day???

Options
2»

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    The only thing you're cheating when having a cheat day or cheat meal is your goals. If your goal is to lose weight on a regular basis, then don't do the cheat day/meal. All it does is negate your calorie deficit and stop you from losing the expected weight. I lost over 125 lbs in a little over a year. Never had a cheat day or meal. I did occasionally go over my calories, especially on holidays, but I logged everything and stayed in my calorie goals as much as possible. On holidays when I went over I'd either add in extra exercise or increase my deficit before/after the holiday to make up for it. Doing that allowed me to relax and have fun on those days with food, yet it didn't derail my efforts later.
  • santje00
    santje00 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ok...for those who have lost some significant weight, did you have a cheat day (eat anything all day) or just have a cheat meal or cheat snacks?? What did ur cheat meal or day consist of? Were u still on track with weightloss even having the cheat day/meal???

I have cheat days, but I do stick within my calorie range. For example, I can have a pizza, but a small one with reduced fat cheese or a gluten-free option. One thing I will say, and I'm speaking from experience, denying yourself everything you like will cause you to shoot back up in weight. I lost four stone in the past, denied myself everything, only to put it back on. I'm nearly back to a 2 stone loss, and I still have the things I like, I just make them a little healthier. Now, I don't even crave takeaways. I did before...
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    That's the most I've seen the word cheat in 4 sentences ever.

I had high calorie days. I look at my weekly average.